New start

Lucy had arrived in San Diego. She got a cab to her new home for the next few months. She had today and tomorrow to settle in. Because the "lessons" would start Monday. She was in a beautiful apartment close to a park. When she put her stuff away she immediately called Angela.
A- ahh Luce are you already in your new home? Oh btw Nyla is with me.
L- oh yes. Hi Nyla.
N- hey Luce, so how is it in San Diego?
L- it is pretty okay out here. My apartment is amazing. And I will be meeting some new people tomorrow.
N- oh yes the little get together they always arrange.
L- yes, so I will be meeting some fellow UC to be.
A- ohh let me know if there is a hottie.
L- excuse me Angela you are a married woman.
A- not for me dummy.
N- she meant you.
L- I don't know if I'm open to date anyone. I really thought Tim would be happy for me. But it was so messy how we had left things. So I think I will just focus on my career.
A- okay I understand.
N- yes we understand. But don't be single for too long.

Time jump — one month later.

Lucy was all settled. She had some new friends from UC school. Amelia and Blake are both the same age as Lucy. They met at the gathering from the UC school. And ever since than they are practically best friends. Amelia aka Amy, is a very  flirty girl. She likes to get the attention of men. But relationships and Amy won't go together. And then we have Blake. He is an easy going guy. Likes to joke around a bit.

Lucy had her daily call with Angela.
A- what are you up to today?
L- I was going to go with Amy and Blake to this club, but this morning I started to feel a bit sick. So I canceled that. I have one class today and than I'm going to bed and sleep till it is morning again.
A- haha did you have anything bad to eat?
L- no it is really weird. But I'm not that sick anymore. But I still don't really feel that great either. I don't really know how to explain. Wait a minute I'm putting you on speaker.
A- okay, what are you making now?
L- you will probably laugh so hard right now. But I'm making chocolate potato chips. It is really weird but I've been craving this for the past week.
A- okay uhm I don't care what your are going to say. But I'm going to grab the next flight to San Diego.
L- wait what. Why?
A- I will tell you when I'm at your house. Okay I will be there in 3 hours max.
L- oh uh ok- uhm okay. I still don't understand.

Angela quickly arranged that she had a flight to San Diego. It was that much easier with her rich husband. The next thing Lucy knew was that Angela was knocking on her door.
L- wow you really weren't joking that you would be here in the next 3 hours.
A- of course this is urgent. And i would be here in 2,5 hours but i had to make a stop at the drugstore.
L- for what?

Just as Lucy got that sentence out of her mouth, she got a bag with pregnancy tests in her hand.

L- uhm what is this?
A- pregnancy tests duh. Just take it and then we will see.
L- but I haven't had sex since.....ohhh shit. Since Tim, I hadn't had sex since Tim. Ohhh this is bad. How did I not realize.
A- just take the freaking test then we will know for sure.
L- okay, but what if it is positive?
A- we won't know until you take the test. And I don't care what happens I will support your decision.

Lucy took the test, Angela stood waiting outside the bathroom. When Lucy was done she opened the door.
L- I'm so scared ange.
A- I know Luce, but everything will be okay.
L- I'm so glad you didn't let me do this alone.
A- I thought you would like some company. I know I would have liked it when I found out.
L- thank you for being my best friend.

The two minutes were over. As Lucy looked at the test for the results. At the sight of the two lines she started sobbing. She lowered herself down to the floor with a hand on her stomach.
A- Luce? What do you want to do?
L- I- I don't know.
A- just let the thought sink in. And we can decide what to do a little later. But know that I will be there for you.
L- thank you ange.
A- let's get you comfortable in bed for now.

Angela got Lucy in her bed. She laid next to her and comforted her. They laid like that for thirty minutes before Lucy even spoke a word.
L- ange.
A- yes Lucy?
L- I think I will keep it.
A- I think that you will be a great mom.
L- but please don't tell Tim any of this.
A- are you sure?
L- yes, I just don't want to deal with him. Not after how we left things. And I will tell Tamara soon. But will you please tell Nyla.
A- of course. I will support what ever you want. I won't be so close to you anymore. But you can call me at any time. And I will try to help you how I can.
L- thank you Angela. I'm really grateful that I met you.

The next day Lucy called her OB. She got a appointment for the same day. She was glad that it could be so fast, so she didn't have to go alone. Angela was leaving this evening.

OB- so how are you Lucy?
L- uhm all things considered okay. It was a bit of shock.
OB- I understand. Let's take a look at your little one. I will put some gel on your stomach, it may be a little cold.
L- okay, can you see how far a long I am?
OB- so as it looks like you are like 4 weeks along. It still in the early stages. Should we look if we can hear the heart beat?
L- okay, yes please.

The OB let Lucy and Angela hear the heartbeat. Lucy started to get tears in her eyes when she heard the heartbeat.
OB- oh
L- what is wrong?
A- could you please tell us?
OB- there is nothing wrong. I just hear a second heartbeat. Ahh there is the little one.
A- what a second heartbeat?
OB- congratulations Lucy you have twins.
L- huh what!
A- omg Lucy.
OB- I will let you alone for a minute. But everything looks great.
L- ange I don't know if I can do this.
A- Luce, I understand this won't be easy. But I know you can do it. And you are done with UC school before you are due.
L- I know, thank you for everything. You are just the person I needed to talk some sense into me. I always wanted to be a mom. But the timing is a bit off.

Time jump — 3 months later.

Lucy was now 4 months pregnant. She had told her best friends. They supported her in every way she had dreamed of. They had just graduated from the UC school. And was now at a OB appointment with Blake.

OB- hey Lucy, how are you? Is that the dad?
L- hey yes I'm great, oh and no he isn't.
B- I'm Blake, Lucy's best friend.
OB- okay, I'm doctor Deluca. So Lucy do you want to know the genders of your twins?
L- yes I would like to know, than that wouldn't be a surprise like they were.
OB- okay let's take a look.
B- awh they look so tiny.
OB- so you twin A is a little girl. And I see you will enjoy both worlds. Because twin B is a little boy.
L- really.
B- that is great Lucy.

Blake and Lucy were now at her apartment.
L- thank you Blake for coming with me today.
B- of course, everything for you Lucy. You know if it were my kids I would be at every appointment with you.
L- what?
B- since the moment I saw you that first day, I had a little crush on you. But now it developed to a huge crush (he chuckled).
L- really, but what about the bab-
B- that the baby's aren't mine doesn't bother me. You are an amazing woman. So if you are okay with it I would like to kiss you.

Lucy just nodded, she couldn't form any words. He leaned forward and kissed her. She deepens the kiss. Blake pulled away from the kiss.
B- I really enjoyed that. And I would like to take you on a date.
L- I would also really like that.
B- okay I will text you to plan our date. I really have to go now, I'm already late for dinner with my parents.
L- oh go, yes we will text. Bye.

As soon as he left Lucy grabbed her phone and called Angela.
L- ange is Nyla with you?
A- yes what's up?
N- did you find out the genders?
L- yes but there is more, but wait I will add Tamara to the call.
A- hurry up, we can't wait anymore.
Tam- what's up Luce, oh hey Angela
N- hey T, I'm with Angela
Tam- oh hey Nyla. So why this group call?
A- Lucy knows the genders and there is more.
L- okay if everyone now will shut up. Then I can talk. Okay first the genders, you will have both a niece and nephew.
A/N- omggg a boy and a girl.
Tam- that is amazing Lucy.
L- okay so for the other thing. Blake and I kissed
Tam/A/N- aaaaaaahhhh
A- how did it happen?
N- did you like it?
Tam- omg Luce, I'm happy for you.
L- okay thank you Tam, uhm he went with me to my OB appointment. And after he brought me home he made a comment and then he confessed about having feelings for me. The next thing let to another. And well it felt very nice.

Back at the station in LA:
A- I'm so excited for her. We need to visit soon.
N- yes and we need to take Tamara with us. I think she really missed her.
T- hey Lopez.
A- Timothy.
T- are you talking about Lucy? How is she. She should be done with UC school now, right?
A- she is great, uhm yes she is done. But she will be staying in San Diego for a while longer.
G- I'm sad to hear that Lopez. But tell her I wish the best of luck to her.
A- will do sarge.
N- why are you asking so much questions, Bradford?