New detective

G- Lucy, it's good to see you again. How are the twins?
L- sarge it's good to be back. The twins are great. They already turned four. Times goes by fast. Next week they will start school.
G- time does goes by fast. So I'm glad that you want to come back to mid Wilshire. And now as detective.
L- I know it just feels like yesterday I started here as a rookie.
G- you will be working with detectives Lopez and Harper. But I also need you to fill the gaps on patrol, are you okay with that?
L- sure. If it means I can work at mid.
G- than it is settled.

Tim had just walked in the station. He bumped into Nolan on his way to the changing room.
JN- hey Tim, do you know who the new detective is going to be? I heard she will also be going on patrol.
T- wait we have a new detective. I haven't heard about her yet.
JN- I also just heard about her. I think she is still in Grey's office.
T- oh we will soon find out at roll call I guess.

Tim changed and walked in to the roll call room. He sat down next to Angela.
G- everyone settle down. The night shift finally did their job. So no open cases. Nolan and Harper you will both drive with your rookies. Lopez you will help our new detective this morning.
T- sir, who is the new detective?
G- I was about to announce it. You al know her. She started here as our hotshot. But after more than 5 years she is back as detective Chen.
L- hey guys, it is good to be back.

When she said that she walked through the door. But also at that very moment her eyes locked with Tim's eyes. He looked shocked to see her back. Lucy was greeted by a lot of officers who she knew from her rookie time. And after all the greetings everyone went back to work. Lucy went with Angela.

T- sir, could you please let Chen on patrol with me?
G- and why is that?
T- I- I am a bit light headed. So I think it is best if I don't go on patrol alone.
G- okay that is alright. But for now go do some paperwork. Angela is giving her an update about the station, and everything she needs to know as an detective.
T- okay thank you sir.

A- so are your feelings back again?
L- huh what?
A- being back at the station, how do you feel about it?
L- oh yes uhm great. How is Bradford? What has he been doing these 5 years?
A- oh why the sudden interest? I mean not much. He had a girlfriend for a while. But not for long. Why are you asking?
L- uhm no was just curious. We kind of locked eyes and yea.
A- oh was there a tension?
L- well yea we didn't see each other for 5 years. But nothing is going on. I'm with Blake.
A- okay that doesn't mean anything. Where is Blake? Exactly not here. You've been together for over 4 years and he isn't even prepared to move for you.
L- Angela I really don't want to talk about okay.
G- Lopez did you explain everything to Chen?
A- yes sir.
G- okay Chen you are with Bradford.
L- yes sir.

Lucy gave Angela a look.

L- shit, what now?
A- nothing just go.
L- ohh this day couldn't be better.
T- Chen are you coming?
L- yes, on my way.
A- good luck. I want to hear everything after.

Tim and Lucy walked to their shop. Tim of course in on the drivers side. They started driving.
T- so how have you been? Did you go undercover a lot?
L- uhm I'm great. Yes I went undercover a few times.
T- why did you decide to come back?
L- uhm family reason. But how have you been what are you up to now Bradford?
T- I'm fine, not much actually just broke up with my girlfriend. Do you have someone?
L- I do actually. But what happened to bo personal talk in the shop?
T- I haven't seen you in 5 years, can't I ask how you doing? But how did you meet him.
L- uhm okay uh I met him at the program. He is also a UC.
T- where is he from?
L- uhm he was actually born in San Diego, so for him it wasn't a big move for the program.
T- was he okay with moving to LA when he has lived in San Diego for so long?
L- he doesn't actually live here yet. Uhm
T- oh so you are doing long distance.
L- yes uhm after 4 years and being engaged you don't call quiets that fast.
T- ohh you are engaged.
L- yes, yes I am.

After that Tim went quiet. They stayed that way until lunch. Tim went and sat with Nolan and Thorsen. While Lucy went and sat with Nyla and Angela.
N- wait were you coming out of the shop with Tim?
L- don't start now.
A- haha Grey set them up together. But how did it go.
L- it was really weird. He completely disobeyed his own rule of no personal talk in the shop. But not only that. He asked me about my personal life a lot. And well I told him about Blake and he went quiet after that.
A- oh personal talk in the shop. That isn't like Tim at all.
N- oh my he still has feelings for you.
A- oh yes that explains that he went quiet after you told him about Blake.
L- no that can't be. It is longer than 5 years and he had girlfriends in that time.
A- okay wait I'm quickly getting something to drink and then we can talk further about this.

Angela went to a truck to get something to drink. But when she was waiting in line, Tim came up to her.
T- did you know Lucy is engaged?
A- uh what. Oh yea of course. I called her almost every day.
T- but is he a good guy?
A- what Blake a good guy. He is so kind and really great with the kids. And he is just what Lucy needed.
T- wait what kids?
A- I said that he was great with kids. Not that he was great with specific kids. But I'm going back to my table.

Angela quickly came back to the table where Lucy and Nyla were.
A- he is really fishing about you, Luce.
L- huh what did he say?
A- well he asked about Blake and if he is a good guy.
N- oh now it is clear. He is clearly still in love with you.
L- no he can't be.
T- Chen, let's go.

Lucy and Tim got back in their shop. The first 10 minutes were spent in silence. Until Lucy broke that silence.
L- why are you asking so much questions about me and my personal life? To me and Angela. Why Tim.
T- uh Luce- Lucy uhm did it not mean anything to you?
L- what Tim?
T- what we had before you left.
L- it did mean something to me, and that is why it hurt me so much what you said that night.
T- and I'm sorry I said all that, I didn't have control over myself. I was just hurt that you decided to just leave and do what got Isabel almost killed. And I can't lose you like I lost her.
L- and I understand that, but that you didn't think i deserved and didn't believe in me. That hurt like a bitch.
T- and I will forever be sorry for that, I didn't really mean it. But think about how it felt for me the love of my life was going to be gone for months. And I didn't even know about it two days before she was going to leave.
L- I'm sorry Tim, but-

Lucy got cut off by her phone going off. It was Wesley.

L- Wesley what is wrong?
T- what Wesley, why is he calling you?
L- Tim shut up for a minute. Wesley talk now.
W- well uhm Maya she is burning up a little. And she doesn't want anything, she only wants you.
L- okay I will call grey.
W- okay speak to you later.

Lucy hung up the phone and called grey.
G- Lucy what is wrong?
L- uhm Maya is burning up and she only wants me. She is with Wesley now.
G- okay go be with your daughter.
L- thank you sir.

She hangs up and puts her phone away.
L- could you please go to Angela's house.
T- okay but who is Maya?
L- just drive please.

Soon they arrived at the Lopez Evers residence. Jace came running out of the house.
J- mommy
L- hey honey.
T- wait mommy? Do you have a kid?
L- where is your sister Jace?
W- she is laying in jacks bed.
L- okay thank you Wesley.
T- I don't know what is happening.

Lucy walked to jack his bedroom to Maya.

T- Wesley what is happening? Who are these kids?
W- they are Lucy's kids. Jace and Maya are twins. They are 4 years old.
T- what