Heading Home

Sean barged through the medic tent with Christian's siblings and Jason close behind.

"Give me some space." The medic said as she ushered everyone outside before closing the flap.

"He's going to be okay, right?" Ashley asked Sean.

"Don't worry." He assured. "Trisha is one of the best doctors in our pack." Then he frowned. "I'm very sorry about what happened. Briar has shown jealousy in the past, but has never drawn blood before."

Christian's siblings sighed. "Look Sean." Jacob started. "You're a cool guy, and have always been a good friend of our family. However, your attraction to our brother is troublesome."

"I don't understand." Sean said. "Even though I'm in heat, the only person I wanted to be with was Briar. But when I met Christian, I couldn't get him out of my head."

"It's just pheromones playing tricks on you. Especially without your mate."

"I'm not even sure Briar is my mate."

Everyone's eyes widened in shock. "Excuse me?" Ashley said.

"I'm not so sure that Briar is my mate." Sean repeated.

"What?!"

Roger took a step forward. "C'mon man. How could you not know? When a shifter meets their mate, they know who it is without hesitation."

"I thought so too, but." Sean was interrupted when the medic came out of the tent.

"The little red head is going to be fine." Everyone relaxed. "The bite mark reopened during the scuffle, so I stopped the bleeding and put a new bandage on it."

"Can we see him?" Jason asked right away.

"Of course." The medic said. "But only two at a time. The tent is very cramped."

Jason rushed in to find Christian sitting on a white cot. "Oh, God." Christian groaned out. "Are you here to finish me off?" Jason ran over and pulled him in for a hug. "Jason?"

"Even though I'm still upset about what you said in the van, I'm just glad that you're okay."

"Right. Well, about what I said earlier. I..." Christian stopped when he noticed everyone else peeking in.

"Don't mind us." Ashley whispered. "You're doing great." Christian feels his cheeks burning up.

When the medic cleared Christian, he and the others decided to call it a day and are heading back to the rental van.

"Thank you all for coming." Sean said to them. "And I hope my pack and I didn't cause too much trouble."

"Not as much trouble as we thought." Ashley said.

Sean smiled sheepishly before hovering over Christian. "I guess I'll see you around town."

Christian looked bashful. "Yeah. And I'm sorry about earlier."

Sean looked at him surprised. "Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong."

"In a way I did." Christian said. "I unsettled your boyfriend."

"Ex boyfriend." Jacob corrected Christian.

"Either way." Christian muttered with his head down.

Sean lifted Christian's chin. "You're not to blame. I am the one who mistook Briar as my mate."

Christian furrowed his brow at the tall brunette. "What do you mean? Isn't it supposed to be a for sure thing?"

Sean glanced at Christian's family and Jason. "It's hard to explain." he said to him.

"Maybe I can help." Christian chirped. "Maybe a new perceptive can help you understand better."

"That's a pretty big word for a little twerp like you." Roger chimed in making Christian puff his cheeks out.

Sean couldn't help smiling a bit. "I appreciate the offer, but this is something I must figure out on my own."

Christian nodded in understanding. "Okay. But if you decide to pick my brain, I'll be there."

Roger sniggered at Christian. "Brain? What brain?"

Christian pouted making Sean's heart skip a beat.

Jason noticed, stomped to Christian, and is dragging him towards the car, making Christian yelp in his grasp.

"We'll catch you later, Sean." Ashley bid him farewell before she and the others joined Christian and Jason in the van.

"What did I do?" Christian asked Jason.

"You pouted."

"So? I pout here and there."

"You don't realize how much people you attract when you make that facial expression."

"Is this still about Sean? Cause I already said."

"Regardless." Jason spoke. "He's interested in you, so I must take a stand."

Christian made a face. "Take a stand?"

Jason huffed. "I'm drawing a line in the sand, and that line is you."

"But I thought you were going to leave me be."

"That was until you proclaimed your love for me when Briar jumped you."

Christian thought back to his scuffle with Briar, and remembered what he said to him, and began blushing.

"It's not. I was just." Christian stuttered as Jason began leaning closer to him. "What are you doing? Get back, you obsessive freak."

Jason wasn't deterred. "Say what you want, but I am not giving up on you."

"Are you nuts? Jason. Jason!" Christian shouted as he did his best to stop his ex's advances as the van cruised down the countryside.