Released

"Christian!" Christian let out a groan as he heard his name being called. "Christian!" he heard again when he felt himself being lifted up.

"Bro, can you hear us?!" He could've sworn it was Jacob.

'Another mind message. How nice.' Christian thought.

"It's not in your mind." he heard John's voice speak into his ear. Christian struggled to open his eyes for a moment when light blinded him. "Too bright. It burns."

He felt himself being twirled around. "How about now?"

Christian squinted his eyes open and was able to see his vision slowly clear up. He is in the middle of a forest in the middle of nowhere. "Huh? What happened to the sad looking mansion?" Christian knelt down when he felt pain coursing through his skull.

"We got you bro." Jacob said as he and John held him.

"Guys?" he looked around frantically to see his two brothers looking relieved to see him. "Guys!" Christian turned around and launched himself at them as supernatural police officers nearby talked on their walkie talkies.

"It's good to see you too, little brother." John spoke.

Christian winced in pain as his head began to throb. "Let's get you to the hospital." Jacob said as he hoisted him up a second time. "The others will be happy to see you when we get there."

Sometime later, Christian was laying on a hospital bed as the rest of his family greeted him enthusiastically. "My baby!" Tracy crushed him in her arms.

"You're killing him mom." Jessie stated. She smiled sheepishly and let Christian go.

"We are glad to see you are alright." Calvin was on the verge of tears.

"How bad are you?" Sarah asked her long-lost brother concerned.

"He has a couple of bite marks, and a concussion. But he should be okay." Jacob answered for Christian.

Roger lightly tapped Christian on the forehead. "I'm surprised they knocked you out with that thick skull of yours."

"Why are you being so mean?" Christian sulked at him. "I'm injured, you know."

"Yeah. Yeah." Roger sounded bored, but Christian could see the grin forming on his youngest brother's face.

Just then Ashely arrived with a fruit arrangement in her arms. "Look what I got you, little brother." she sang as Jason followed her sullenly.

"Jason!" Christian scrambled out of bed and hugged Jason tightly, despite his family's protests. "When I said sorry the other day, I was apologizing for being an idiot!"

"Christian." Jason spoke.

"I want to be with you, but I didn't want you to have the last laugh!"

"Christian."

"I love you, so please don't leave me!"

"Christian!" Jason's shout made Christian look at him with tears streaming down his face. Jason smiled a bit. "I appreciate it, but Charles already explained everything to me."

Christian perked. "Charles is, okay?" Jason's smile grew as he nodded. "Thank god." Christian fell to his knees as his tears turned to ones of relief. "I would've never forgiven myself if he died."

His family shivered with the 'G' word, but let it go as they watched Jason wipe Christian's tears away. "It wasn't your fault." Jason spoke.

"But."

"You were trying to keep everyone at the coffee shop safe. Any one of us would've done the same thing."

"My boss and co-workers?"