Chapter 18|Gloomy Clouds

(Y/N) POV:

Unfortunately, Momo had to leave after we had chatted. She wasn't allowed to stay long, since Mr Aizawa wanted her to be back at the dorms. I only hoped that Momo could not get a good night's sleep knowing that I was ok.

I didn't have much time to think about Momo though, since I fell asleep soon after she left. Likely because of the fresh bag of painkillers that was numbing my body, and mind.

My sleep was restful. It barely felt like any time had passed. Yet as I awoke the dark room around me was now brightly lit by the morning sun shining through the window.

Looking over at the nearby clock, I saw that the time was about 10 o'clock. The room was warm, like that of a lightly roasting oven. Which was contrary to the dark and gloomy day outside. I could see grey clouds filling the sky, and a light sprinkle of rain spitting the city.

I wasn't quite sure where I was, or which city I was in. However, I knew that it was fairly populated since there were many high-rise buildings outside the window. I must have been in one since I couldn't see the ground from where I was looking out the window.

My stomach rumbled softly, making me place my hand over my stomach. Luckily for me, when I called for a nurse they gave me some food and not some ice chips for me to eat instead.

Although the food they gave me wasn't overly desirable. It was a small piece of toast with jam, but the nurse had over-toasted it, leaving crumbling charcoal as my meal.

"Excuse me, mister. Do you know when I will be discharged?" I asked the nurse. It was a different nurse from the one last night. He had pale green skin with chocolate brown hair and a slight point to his ears. Almost like an elf.

"Unfortunately I don't think there is a concrete date. But I believe I heard the doctors say maybe sometime tomorrow," he replied with a deep and raspy voice.

"Ok, thanks anyway," I replied. He bowed to me before leaving the room.

I hope that I can get out of here soon, and get back to normal life. Whatever normal life is. So much has changed that I think my life is anything but normal.

I guess I just want to get back to UA. I know I'll be safe there. And maybe I could do some more quirk training if the teachers have time that is.

"I wonder how anyone else is holding up?" I thought, leaning back into my pillow.

Momo POV:

I had just left the hospital about fifteen minutes ago. Only now I had come back to the dorms. The time was around 3:45 in the morning.

I entered the dorm lounge to see the lights dimmed, and no one occupying the space. Most of my classmates had either come back to recover or had fully recovered and sent back here. The only exceptions are Iida, Tsu, Midoriya and Shouji. All of whom were still recovering in the hospital, in various conditions.

(Y/N) had been the last one to wake up. And since I haven't slept well since I was discharged, my body was exhausted.

I drowsily stumbled my way to the fifth floor and dragged my feet over to my room. Opening the door I saw the familiar sight of my grand oversized bed in this small bedroom. At least small from my point of view.

I clumsily fell into my bed, not bothering to change the clothes I had thrown on. Although I was still worried about (Y/N), I did feel a little better. So I swiftly drifted off to sleep.

Even though I was extremely tired, my sleep was restless. Tossing and turning all night, without the sweet release of sleep to comfort me.

My body jolted at the sudden unexpected sound emanating from my door. "Momo? Are you awake?" I heard a soft and nervous voice ask me. "Barely," I responded groggily, before slamming my head back into my pillow.