14

“I didn't realize the college employed grief counselors.” The young man voiced, expressing his dismay at the unexpected presence of such professionals at his domestic dwelling.

“Oh yeah. Yeah, you talk, we listen. Or maybe throw in a little therapeutic collage, whatever jump-starts the healing.” Dean retorted with a sardonic tone, offering a tongue-in-cheek description of the supposed methods utilized by therapists to promote an individual's well-being.

“Well, I think I'm okay. Thanks.” Neil attempted to slam the door shut in front of the trio.

“Well, you heard what happened to Matt Harrison, right?” Melanie responded, opting to apply a physical approach to maintain the interaction as she employed her strength to prevent the door from closing.

“Yeah, I did,” Neil affirmed, maintaining his gaze upon Melanie while she spoke.

“Well, we just wanted to make sure you were okay. Grief can make people do crazy things.” Melanie continued.

“Look, I'm sorry about what happened to him. I am. But if Matt killed himself it wasn't 'cause of grief.” Neil proclaimed.

“No? Then why?” Dean subsequently inquired, displaying a curiousity towards the true motive that had ultimately prompted the young man’s supposed suicidal action.

“It was guilt. Angie's death was Matt's fault and he knew it.” Neil declared, assigning the blame to Matt in regards to Angela’s tragic demise.

“How was Matt responsible?” Sam inquired, seeking to unravel the mystery behind Neil’s words and comprehend the exact actions that had warranted him to shoulder the guilt.

“Well, she really loved that guy. But the night of the accident she walked in on him with another girl.” Neil elaborated, clarifying the true nature of Matt's culpability in regards to Angela's death.

“Hmm.” Dean expressed a contemplative demeanor, indicating his intention to process the information provided by Neil in an attempt to comprehend the full scope of the situation.

“I gotta get ready for work, so ... thanks for the concern, but... seriously, I'll be okay.” Neil proclaimed, terminating the conversation swiftly. Neil entered his household and swiftly shut the door behind him, effectively concluding their conversation. Dean cast a significant glance towards his siblings, implying that he considered the encounter with Neil to be quite noteworthy.

“Well, that vengeful spirit theory's starting to make a little more sense. I mean, hell hath no fury...” Melanie asserted, acknowledging the validity of the notion concerning the presence of an angered, malevolent entity.

The trio traversed towards the Impala, steadily approaching the vehicle as they continued to discuss the potential influences behind Angela’s unfortunate demise.

“So if Angela got her revenge on Matt, you think it's over?” Sam questioned.

“Well, there's one way to be sure.” Dean posited. The trio situated themselves within the Impala.

“Yeah? What's that?” Melanie inquired curiously.

“Burn the bones.” Dean responded, asserting the method that he believed would provide conclusive evidence of the situation.

“Burn the bones? Are you high?” Sam scoffed, expressing his displeasure with Dean's idea. Dean feigned deep contemplation in response to his brother's remarks. “Angela died last week!”

“So?” Dean replied nonchalantly, displaying a degree of dismissal towards Sam's perspective.

“So, there's not gonna be bones. There's gonna be a ripe, rotting body in the coffin.” Melanie answered on Sam's behalf, employing a disgusted expression to convey her repulsion towards the possibility of observing a putrefied corpse.