16

Melanie found herself in the confines of a motel room, Sam having retreated to the restroom for the time being

Melanie found herself in the confines of a motel room, Sam having retreated to the restroom for the time being. Suddenly, a vision invaded the consciousness of both siblings, causing them to react simultaneously with gasps.

The mental projection conveyed the sights of a man firing a gun at another man, followed by him turning the weapon away from his target and instead towards himself as he pulled the trigger, the bullet inflicting a lethal injury upon his chin and resulting in his own death.

Without warning, Dean suddenly burst through the doorway into the room, entering just as Sam began to emerge from the bathroom, the latter gasping from the suddenness of the unexpected occurrence.

"Guys, come on. Let's hit the... road." Dean suddenly halted mid-sentence, the sudden pause indicating the fact that the sight of his siblings and their respective conditions had caught his attention. "What?"

—————

The atmosphere was filled with the dark of nighttime, Dean behind the wheel of the Impala as the vehicle sped down a pitch-black road, Melanie fidgeting with her fingers in the rear seat.

"I don't know, man, why don't we just chill out, think about this?" Dean replied with a tinge of uncertainty in his voice, his demeanor conveying a subtle sense of hesitation and indecision as he contemplated their current course of action.

"What's there to think about?" Melanie and Sam echoed each other, their tones reflecting a palpable degree of frustration and irritation as they attempted to discern the cause of Dean's uncertainty.

"I just don't know if going to the Roadhouse is the smartest idea." Dean's expression betrayed a subtle hint of anxiety and apprehension as he spoke these words.

"Dean, it's another premonition. I know it. This is gonna happen, and Ash can tell us where," Sam stated with a high degree of conviction.

"Yeah, man, but-" Dean's comment was instantly interrupted by Melanie's response, the latter voicing her agreement with Sam's proposition.

"Plus it could have some connection with the demon. Our visions always do." she added.

"That's my point. There's gonna be hunters there. I don't know if, if, if going in and announcing that you're some supernatural freaks with a, a demonic connection is the best thing, okay?" Dean said, his expression now becoming more exasperated as he continued to express himself.

Melanie let out a sharp snort at his statement, her body language and the tone of her voice indicating disagreement with his words.

"You've always been two freaks." Dean responded with a slight smile and a tinge of playful teasing, his gaze returning to the road before him as he seemed to dismiss his earlier statement by avoiding eye contact with his younger siblings.

The remainder of the drive to the Roadhouse continued in a state of silence, Melanie and Sam both remaining preoccupied with their own thoughts and gazes focused out of their respective car windows, while Dean maintained a steady stare forward, keeping his eyes affixed to the road.