𝟏𝟔. 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬

6-10 Sunday 1988
⁂𐦂

𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐭.
-

I walked back to the apartment. It was quiet, with some blankets scattered on the floor. It was pretty dark, around 8 by the time I finally got home. I flipped on the light switch, hearing the light footsteps come down the hall. I laid my stuff down on the coffee table in front of the couch. I glanced up, seeing Adriana standing there. "Hey," i mumbled, untying my Converses as I pulled them off and threw them beside the door. "Hi," she mumbled back. "So, how was it?" "It was good," I said, taking off my jacket and hanging it up on the coat holder beside the door. "Did you see Axl?" I heard her ask. Her voice sounded a bit curious, but more like she just wanted to use me to get through to him. "No, I didn't," I said sarcastically.
I mean, no shit? The whole band was there. "Why are you acting like that?" her voice sounded annoyed. "Acting like what, Adriana?" I said, my voice sounding irritated by her behavior. "You know I fucking like him." "Didn't seem like it earlier when you had that little boy over," I said. My voice was getting a little louder. I always tried not to yell when I was mad, but Adriana did too much. "Yeah, well at least I fucking get laid. You act like you get diseases from men, what are you, gay?" "Well, I'm surprised you haven't got any diseases from all those guys you've fucked," I retorted, staring at her, my hand slightly on my hip. "The fuck is wrong with you, Amira!" She yelled, tossing down the remote that was in her hand. Backing the back of it fall off, the batteries scattering on the floor. "fucks up with you, Adriana?" i yelled back, annoyed.

In the silence that followed our shouting, the air in the apartment seemed to thicken, filling up with the unsaid words and accusations that hung between us. The only sound that broke the silence was the ticking of the wall clock, each second echoing loudly in the tension-filled room. I crossed my arms over my chest, still standing in the doorway, my gaze fixed stubbornly on Adriana.
Adriana, on the other hand, was seething. I could tell from the way she was glaring at me, her fingers clenching and unclenching at her sides. Her eyes were alight with a fury I had seldom seen in her. I could see her jaw clenching as she tried to reign in her anger.
The light from the lone bulb hanging in the hallway cast long shadows around us, creating an almost eerie atmosphere.

"I'm not dealing with you little shit Adriana, I don't have fucking time for this anymore" I said finally, my voice much lower now. The anger was still there, simmering beneath my calm exterior, but I knew better than to let it control me.
Adriana didn't respond immediately. She just continued to glare at me, her chest heaving slightly as if she was struggling to catch her breath. The silence stretched between us, becoming more and more unbearable with each passing second. "Yeah well I sure did waste my fucking time helping you when you were a fucking homeless teen" she yelled.
Then, without a word, Adriana turned on her heels and stormed off towards her room, slamming the door behind her so hard the apartment walls shook slightly.

I was left standing alone in the hallway, the echoes of our argument still ringing in my ears.
I sighed heavily, running a hand through my hair. This was not how I had expected my night to go. I slowly walked over to the couch, sinking down onto it. The apartment was quiet again, but it was a different kind of quiet - a quiet filled with the remnants of our argument, with the words we had hurled at each other, with the anger and frustration that still lingered in the air.

I rested my head in my hands, my thoughts racing. This was going to be a long night. So I got up, and put my shoes and jacket back on.

Before i headed back out the front door.