24. 𝐖𝐡𝐲'𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡?

June 15th Friday.

7:36pm

The day had been uneventful for the most part, with me staying at home, dedicating my time to cleaning. The house was in dire need of tidying up, and I had taken it upon myself to restore order.  a bottle of cleaner and a cloth, wiping down the countertop in the kitchen. The once grimy surfaces now shone with cleanliness as I methodically wiped each of them down, including the stove and other countertops.

As I scrubbed, my mind wandered to future plans, particularly concerning Adriana's upcoming birthday, which was on June 20th. Though I had never been the type to make a fuss over birthdays, be it mine or anyone else's, I found myself contemplating throwing a party or some sort of celebration for Adriana. This was largely due to the fact that birthdays were not a big event in my household growing up, I usually let them pass without much fanfare.

However, this year felt different. I had this growing urge to break away from my past habits and do something special. I was tryna change but yknow sometimes it was hard.

-

11:36pm.

I was in my room making my bed, I was tired. Just wanting to lay down. I finished cleaning out my closet and under my bed. There was hella trash, I sighed softly. What was the point of making my bed if it was gonna get messy again. I thought. So fuck it. I crawled on my bed as I layed down. It was a pretty productive day and I was ready to go to bed finally. The house was quiet, due to Adriana gone and at work.

Laying comfortably in bed, my eyes droopy as I felt myself began falling asleep. Until the loud ringing of the phone from the living room rang out. My eyes opened quickly, jumping a bit at the sudden noise before huffing annoyed. "My fucking gosh!!" I said under my breath as I got out of bed. The floor freaking under me as i walked to the phone, answering it with a huff. "Hello?" I said, my voice a little annoyed but trying to soften it.R  "Hey" I heard a familiar voice say from the other side of the phone.

"axl?" I mumbled annoyed but more softly. Rubbing my eyes. I heard shuffling from the other side of the phone.  "dude who is that?" I heard slash in the back say. His voice slurred and quiet. "Amira" he grumbled. "Jeez".  Slash is still mad? What the hell did i even do for him to still be mad at me."What is it axl? I'm tryna sleep." I said annoyed. "C-can you come over here?" I heard him murmur. Like a mumble you could barely hear. Was he high? "Bring food." "I'm not bringing food and I'm not going over there. It's almost 12." I said as i rolled my eyes. "please? Why" he groaned. "axl just- talk to me when your sober- or get Izzy to call or something. I'm tryna go to bed." I said with a huff. About to hang up before i heard him speak again. "If you come over then I'll tell you wh-why slash is so mad at you." I heard him say. My gaze softened. God damn it axl. "God- fine! Okay I'll be there in like 20." I said before hanging up.

11:50.

-

I slowly stepped out of my car, allowing a soft sigh to escape from my lips, a testament to the weariness creeping into my bones. With a hesitant heart and a glance towards the darkened sky, I ambled towards the door, my hand rising to knock gently. The stillness of the night made me question if everyone was already asleep, still annoyed axl called me.

My eyes remained locked on the doorknob, watching as it twisted slowly, the door finally opening to reveal Steven's face. His eyes were droopy as if he was fighting off the tendrils of sleep, and something else. My gaze softened a bit. yet there was an unexpected alertness in his gaze. A soft, welcoming smile adorned my face as I met his weary gaze.

"Hey..." he mumbled, his hand rubbing his tired eyes as he returned my smile with a gentle one of his own. "whatcha doin here?" he asked, his confusion evident in his tone.