A Leaf In The Wind

(Xie Yan clothes in picture above)

Xie pov:

I was amused as Korra got denied of going to watch a pro bending match. I then said "You're priority should be learning air bending. We don't need a repeat of chaos." And she glared as she left.

A while later:

I walked behind Tenzin and Korra as she had changed her clothes. I then saw the airbending tool that was going to be used to start Korra's air bending training. I then saw Ikki chant "Korra's gonna airbend! Korra's gonna airbend!" Then Jinora waved and Korra asked about the contraption to receive an answer by Tenzin and Jinora explained the exercise. Tenzin then said "Be like the leaf." I then closed my eyes and heard the sound of the wind.... the leafs being moved by the breeze and the water splashing... I then opened my eyes and saw Jinora weave through like the leaf... constant movement in circles.... defensive stand... ready to receive and counterattack.... I then felt the wind flow as she used air bending to increase the speed to its starting speed. And Tenzin and I watched as Korra said "Let's do this." And she rushed forth only to get struck and she grunted. I then facepalmed as she continued to try to force their way through only to get herself struck continuously as she got pushed out. I then said "Ko-" She rushed back in. And Jinora said "Don't force your way through." And Ikki shouted "Dance! Dance like the Wind!" And Meelo said "Be the leaf." I then watched her get knocked out again and she dropped. I then watched her keeping trying before she left. Then Tenzin said "Xie?" And I said "This method isn't suitable for her Tenzin." And he nods as he sent a burst of air and the gates moved faster. I then walked forth and weave through effortlessly and smiled in amusement and joy. I then got to the other side while saying "I'll see where she's gone. I should continue our training on chi Blocking." And Tenzin said "Chi Blocking?" I nod before saying "one of a benders weakness is chi blockers. You should learn about it to know what they are aiming for. Learning it could save your life or others." And I went off on my search of a angry and embarrassed Avatar.

I then found her trying to airbend at a newspaper that showed Lin Beifong's face which caused my amusement to increase as I said "Saying 'airbend' won't make it happen Korra." And then she said "Why can't I get it?" And i said "You practice and practice. Don't expect to get it instantly." And she sighed heavily as I lift my hand creating an ice staff. I swing it down on Korra who swings his fist and flame and ice collided. Then I dodged her leg aswelll as flames and said "Focus on the battle. Dodge what I throw your way. And she barely dodged as she tried to attack but she dodged the ice sphere and she swings her fist as I dodged effortlessly.

I then saw Korra stopped when we heard the radio... She said "The Pro Bending match!" And she rushed off while my ice staff shattered before i said "We aren't do-" and korra whispered said "we can continue later! Let's go!" I then watched her jump off and got on the top of a watch tower while the white Lotus sentry were listening to the radio. I then lightly skipped and landed softly on the watch tower and Korra muttered "Show-off."

We listened to the match when the radio turned off at the best time and we heard Tenzin said "Xie Yan. Korra. Please come down." And korra flipped down and I landed soflty too. Then Korra said "You turned it off at the best part!" And they argued before Tenzin began losing the argument and shouted "Shouldn't you be in bed by now?!" And turned sending a small wave of air bending and we felt the wind on our faces before I said "Let's go, Korra. It's late."

Next morning-

We all were meditating....

Mind Realm-

I lightly stepped on a world of white and I stepped forth and saw the floor was water.... I then saw my appearance was different as I stared at my reflection on the water... I had long dark blue hair.... and golden eyes... I then saw the reflection faded and burst out of the water causing me to jump back... I then said "Who are you?" And the figure said "I'm your real appearance." And then his hair turned black and eyes turned black and white... I then said "Ultra Instinct" I then saw The Heaven Sword and Earth Sword appeared above him and he summoned a bo staff made of some rare material and used finger of Flower sword qi blade on his free hand... I then said "That's the fighting techniques I use for when I use my full power.... you are me so you must know that my real body can't handle it. The amount of qi and power needed to display your power...." Then I was left in awe as he revealed all my skills and showed me that I can reach this level if I continue on my path. I said "my mind world shows me unlimited power since its my world. In the real world I won't be able to reach this level anytime soon." I then faded as the figure faded and the collision caused shockwaves. Then the figure said "The Frost Curse is not a weakness." I then said "I know. I've already began to temper my body with the frost curse." I then lightly stepped on the water and the water exploded upwards and the figure grabbed the earth and heaven swords and swings them as he let go of the bo staff and deactivates the finger qi and swings it engulfed in sword ink intent and my eyes widened as I swing both of my blades too engulfed them in my sword ink intent aura and the slashes collided and my eyes widened as a line appeared across my chest and a hole appeared on the side of my stomach.... I then coughed up blood before rushing forth as he was in the same condition and he rushed forth too.

Real World-

I opened my eyes after leaving my mind realm to find it was late now... I got up and thought 'it has been a while since I trained in my mind realm.' Then I went to my room and heard movement... I then entered Korra's room and saw it was empty. I walk over to the window and saw Korra made it off the island. I then said "She's going to watch the pro bending match..."

I then dashed forth without making a sound and jumped into the water while using water bending to soften my fall and sound as I enter the water before swimming to the city's direction.

I then entered the back stage and entered the room as someone said "You've gotta stop bringing your crazy fan girls in here before the match starts." And they talked before they went into the match and korra said "good luck. Knock them out!" And then I said "you really need to stop breaking out." And korra turned and said "Wh-" and I said "Korra you can't just run off when everyone thinks your in bed." And she said "I wanted to see the match... please?" And i sigh soflty before I said "Fine. We'll see the match before heading back to the Air Temple Island." And she shouted in victory. Then I watched amused as she watched the pro bending with  her full attention.

Next morning-

We watched korra stormed off after destroying the air bending training tool. I then said "I'll go find her." And then I walk off to find her sitting down on a boulder looking at the city... I then said "I understand your frustrated Korra. I do. Every time I train my weapon mastery skills and martial arts. At the beginning I couldn't do them properly but I kept practicing and practicing which lead to me getting better each time I practiced." Then Korra said "I'm the Avatar! I shouldn't be struggling! I-" and I said "Korra. You're human. You aren't a god." And she got up before saying "I know that... I just want to get my air bending..." and I watched her go off.

Tournament Pro Bending-

I watched as Tenzin turned to leave but I said "Wait. Look closely." And Tensin turned and saw as korra got to the edge of the platform she changed her movement style to the Air Bending movements.... and Tenzin whispered "Would you look at that..." and I watched amused as Tenzin cheered when the match continued and the fire ferrets were winning. Then Kynee and Nox whined slightly which I then headed off to return to the island. I then tossed some almonds and they used mana to catch them before they ate their night time snack before bed. I then saw a letter on my bed which caused me to grab it and began to read the contents of the letter which had the symbol of the White Lotus.

I then heard a knock and Korra entered as I said "Come in." And then she said "You should've seen me there! I was using the air bending spiral movements!" And I said "I saw." And her smiled faded as I was looking outside into the sea and asked "What's wrong?" And I said "I've receive a letter from the White Lotus. They've requested my return." And then Korra tensed before saying "Don't go." And then I said "Korra." And she looked down which caused me to sigh before i said "I was gonna come back quickly but if it saddens you so much I won't go. I wanted to check on your parents while I was there but fine." And she grinned victorious. She hugged me before she rushed off to her room. I then opened the letter and read it again.

Dear Xie,

We've researched for months without rest but we're unable to find any information on the healing skill as well. We've reviewed your new created skill. Which uses a large amount of energy or as Qi as you call it. If the skill works then it's heaven defying skill to bring one from a breath away from death to fully healed at their peak condition and full of energy. The skill name is 'Finger Of Nirvana'. We've confirmed you're the only one capable of Finger Of Flower Sword and Finger of Nirvana aswell as Finger of Mind Sword. Be careful. An assassin has been assigned to hunt you.

I then slowly crawl into bed before falling asleep.