The Guide

Xie Yan pov:

I snapped my eyes open and my pupils glow gold...

3rd pov:

An explosion occurred in the centre of the water where Korra and Xie last were seen. A figure landed on the water as he examined his surrounded before shouting "Korra!"
Xie Yan coughed up blood from the formation restraining his qi. Then Xie heard a voice said "She's safe, Xie Yan. You have a task." Then Xie disappeared instantly heading to the Demonic Cult.

Xie Yan pov:

Demonic Cult-

I landed soflty and grabbed both of my swords before I grabbed the handle of my swords before unsheathing them which lead to piercing through the guards...

A few hours later:

I stood unfazed as Cheon Yeo Woon was gritting his teeth as he was on his knees since I slaughtered everything he cared about. I then said "Korra is gentle when it comes to people. She doesn't know the way of cultivators." I lift my hand which caused Yeo Woon to shouted "Master Gu!!!" Then my eyes widened before I teleported instantly in front of him swinging my blade down to cut off his head but he disappeared as i used finger of flowery swords qi. I then said "The ones in the upper realm are behind this?" Then I waited for 5 seconds before activated the flowery qi in Cheon Yeo Woon's body.

3rd pov:

Unknown Location-
Cheon Yeo Woon appeared in front a man named Gu Changge... The Impotent Presence he released made many trembled. Gu Changge said "Who did this to you?" Then Cheon said "Master G-" Gu saw pink lightning marks appeared on Cheon Yeo Woon before he exploded. Gu created a barrier to contain the explosion and said "Interesting. A lowly ant with such skills is a one in a thousand years."

Xie pov:

I used Kynee's gravity force to destroy the entire Demonic Cult Sect.  I then exhale softly as Unalaq's forces were seen far away heading towards the destroyed Demonic Cult. I then thought 'Everyone in the Cult is dead so they've wasted their time.' Then I teleported away before appearing on a small boat. Kynee and Nox appeared before using their wind aura causing the boat to rush off.

Air Temple-

I walked in creating a shadow causing everyone to look back. The kids shouted "Xie!?" They rushed forth and hugged me as I said "Wow. I'm glad I've been missed for a while. How have you all been?" Then we talked for a while when Korra showed up and the kids got excited and hugged her as ikki said "Korra's Back." Pema who held Rohan said "What are you doing here?" Kya said "And how did you know where to find us?" Korra said "Tenzin's itinerary. We went over it like a hundred times before we left Republic City." Tenzin turned to the others in happiness as he said "See? This is why schedules are important." Korra smiled at the kids as she said "It's so great to see you all again." Tenzin said "It's great to see you too, but why aren't you training at the south Pole?" Korra said "Wait, you don't know about the civil war?" Tenzin said "What? No. We've been out of touch with the outside world since we started our vacation." Bumi said "Tenzin's idea. What happened?" Korra said "So much. I don't know where to start." Tenzin said "Just tell us everything!" Korra said "Everything? Okay. I opened a spirit portal at the south Pole, but then unalaq turned out to be a bad guy and wanted to take control of the south, so I sort of started a civil war, but when I went to find some help, I was attacked by my cousins and then by a giant, dark spirit, and then I forgot who I was, and then I met the first avatar, and then I realised I shouldn't have opened the portal in the first place, and now I need to close it again!" Then I said "Korra." Then she instantly turned and saw my expression was emotionless... She said "Xi-" Then I pull her forth and she blushed as I exhale heavily as the tension left my body. I then said "When I came to my senses I tried to find you..." Then she grabbed my clothing as she closed her eyes and whispered "I'm okay..." Then Tenzin said "I knew this would happen." Then we all look at him. Then Tenzin lead Korra to talk in private.

3rd pov:

Tenzin sat on a bench with Korra as he said "So Avatar Wan imprisoned this dark spirit Vaatu in the spirit world?" Korra said "Yes, and now I think my uncle is trying to free him." Tenzin said "I knew unalaq was hungry for power but never realised how far he would go to get it." Korra said "This is all my fault." Tenzin said "No, don't blame yourself. This is Unalaq's doing. Now we must focus on setting things right before he can do any more damage." Korra said "Thank you." Tenzin said so you need to close the southern portal, but Unalaq's army controls the south, how are we going to get there?" Korra said "I thought about that. My best chance to close the portal is from the inside. I have to enter the spirit world." Tenzin said "A journey to the spirit world. All my years of spiritual training have prepared me for this moment. I will help you." Then he stood up before saying "Today, we enter the spirit world."

Xie Yan pov:

I then watched as they tried to enter but failed before Tenzin said "Let's try something else."  I then pat his head soflty as I said "I thought your bell ringing was just fine." Meelo smiled as he said "Thanks!" Then proceeded to slam the bell... I then watched amused before walking to the next spot. Tenzin said "Kya this is too much smoke. It's not working." Kya said "I'm sorry. I did what you told me." Then he stood up before walking off as he said "Well, the moment's ruined." Then I saw Jinora looking around Korra which caused me to be amused at the spirits around her. Korra stood up as she said "We could've tried a little longer." The next time it failed Tenzin revealed he never entered the Spiritual World. Then Bumi said "Welcome to the "I disappoint Dad" club." Kya said "If you've never been to the spirit world, how we're you planning to get korra into it?" Tenzin said "I've spent years studying the techniques and theories of ancient spiritual leaders. Now that the Avatar needs me, it must be my time." Korra said "Tenzin, harmonic convergence is almost here. If Vaatu escapes from the spirit world--" Tenzin interrupted "You have to trust me. I can help you." Kya revealed Jinora could see the spirits before Jinora said "It's okay you can show yourselves." Then spirits became visible to everyone. I heard a squeak as Nox had one on his mouth. I said "Stop messing around Nox." Then the flying bunnies rushed off as Ikki and Meelo followed them. Meelo shouted "Come Back!" Tenzin walked with Jinora as he asked "How long have you been able to do this?" Jinora said "I don't know. I guess I've always kind of had a connection with spirits." Then I heard laughing from Bumi as a flying bunny was holding him. Bumi said "I think this one likes me." Korra said "Are they here to help?" Then the conversation continued as they headed to the location the spirits wanted them to go. Then we got on Oogi as it descended following the spirits. Tenzin began doing the cleansing ceremony as the ground trembled. Then dark spirits burst out before Korra began spirit bending before they went off in peace.

Timeskip:

I watched Korra and Jinora entered the spirit world. Then I said "I met a seer a while ago in my time away after Amon's defeat." Tenzin said "You couldn't tell us earlier with Korra?" Then I shook my head and said "The Seer saw my death in the spirit world." Then everyone tensed as Tenzin said "Impossible! It must be wrong." Then I said "I can feel it in my soul that. Its not a lie. The outcome may change depending on my actions coming forth but its a tricky situation due to outer factors involving Unalaq's plans..." Then Kya said "Why didn't you tell Korra?" Then I said "She won't take it well. If my death comes. She'll need everyone to be there for her." Then Kya said "You've stayed by her side the longest aside from her parents. Xie Yan. She will never be able to replace you in her heart." Then I sighed as I look up at the stars as I whispered "If only it was sooner..." Then they felt fear, worry, sadness as I was looking at the stars in the sky.