21 | Nothing's new

Song: Question...?
Artist's Name: Taylor Swift

Elara"DAHLIA JONES, PLEASE REPORT TOT HE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE NOW

Elara
"DAHLIA JONES, PLEASE REPORT TOT HE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE NOW. I REPEAT, DAHLIA JONES, PLEASE REPORT TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE NOW!!"
I shut my locker, leaning onto it. These past few days, have been going by fast. And, Lucas has been back to ignoring and being rude to me.

I thought we already worked out our differences back then a the shooting? What happened..

I had a blast with him at the arcade too. I saw the side of him.. that nobody has seen before.

He was different back there. He was sweet, kind, funny, a gentleman, and very genuine.

And his smile— fuck it. I close my eyes regretting about thinking about him. He's a rude jerk, who's ignoring you. So snap out of it.

I am not. Letting myself. Like this boy. I roll my eyes, attempting to shove my disgusting thoughts about him.

I sigh, as I stroll through the halls of the boring campus. I have free period so.. I really don't have anything to do..

Well.. I guess I could just go to the library. I turn to my right, and head up the stairs, to head to the library.

I then encounter two large wooden doors, opening it to reveal the wondrous library, full of mysteries, passion, different worlds, and beauty.

I inhale the scent of the books, it felt like a familiar scent to me. I smile widely at Mrs. Annabeth, the library lady.

She flashes me a crooked smile, lifting up her wrinkly skin. I then skip to the romance section.

Ahhhh..

The smell of home. I run my hands, over the spine of the old, hard-book covers. I scan my eyes, over the long shelf, before settling my eyes on book.

It was placed just beneath the very top shelf, of the bookcase. I get on my tippy toes, and stretch out my arms as much as I could—

Just a bit more.

I was close to the finish line— until someone steals it from me. "What the—" I cut myself off, to look at the person.

Fuck me.

He stared me down with those dark ocean blue eyes. I glared at him. "Give me that." I dodge for the book, but he only rolls his eyes and walks away.

I follow him— but I wish I hadn't.

A petite brunette was sitting down on a table, where he placed the book in front of her— making her smile widely at him.

I can see the upper corners of his mouth lift, forming into a smile. A smile I hadn't seen before.

I clench my fists, walking away. It's fine. It's totally fine. There are other books on the shelf anyways.

That book is not that good anyway.

I roll my eyes in annoyance. He just ruined my mood— oh, I mean day. It's like I lost an appetite to read any books.

I push the large wooden doors, and exit the library with a frown etched into my face.

The library was the only thing that makes my day better. Reading books was the only thing that makes my day bearable at least.

—But I guess he had to pop out of nowhere, and ruin it. Again.