35 | How we used to be

Song: Deja vu (Sped up)
Artist's Name: Olivia Rodrigo

Song: Deja vu (Sped up)Artist's Name: Olivia Rodrigo

Elara
Sad to say— but mom was right.
It had been hardly three months, since I've been going to therapy.

And, therapy Actually did me good. I was slowly healing, and returning to my old self again.

I've even quit being an alcoholic and smoking weed. Mom had put me homeschool for the past three months, since she didn't really want me going out there yet.

I've hardly walked out of the house, only when I was going to my therapy sessions.

The girls— have forgotten me. Like we literally don't even talk anymore. The school year's almost over, and prom is on the way.

Mom just told me yesterday that I was starting real school again tomorrow. I was a nervous wreck.

So many questions, and it felt like I was moving to a new school. Mom told me that since Scarlett wasn't driving me anymore, I had to catch a ride with Ethan everyday now.

I put my phone down, and turn off the lamp. I have to sleep. I still have school tomorrow after all.

⭒ ☆⋆Time Skip⋆☆⭒

It's time.
It was time to walk inside. Ethan looks at me, before grabbing my hand and intertwining them with his.

He gave my hand a slight squeeze, before we step in. Suddenly all the people snap their heads to us.

—to me.

Ethan and I go to my locker, a she leans on the wall beside it. "Are you gonna be okay?" He asks me.

"Y-yeah.. I'll be fine, thanks Ethan." I hug him, before he lets go and walks away to the seniors floor.

I shut my locker, and look at my timetable. It looks like I have math first. I fix my yellow dress, before walking inside.

Just then, I catch someone's eyes. Those emerald green eyes that are identical to mine.

I gulp looking away, as the teacher asks me to introduce myself like I was a new student.

"Hi.. I'm.. Elara Charlene Bradley and I've been homeschooled but I just started school again.. uhm— t-today.."

Everyone stares at me, as I hear laughs. The teacher tells me to sit down at the back.

I sit down by the window, as I look down, totally feeling conscious about myself. Why are they laughing at.. me..?

⭒ ☆⋆Time Skip⋆☆⭒

"Watch where you're going, new kid!!"
My tray of food spills on the floor, as they all laugh at me like they're third grade bullies.

Just then, it hit me like Deja Vu.
I remembered how it was like when I first transferred here..

I just stare at the food, "Aww, don't have any lunch money left?" They tease me. I just run off.

As I was running to the bathroom, I bump into someone, causing me to fall down.

The person extends their hand, as I grab it. I fix my hair so it wasn't all over my face, "Thank y—"

Do you get deja Vu, huh?

I went completely speechless, once I locked eyes with those ocean blue ones. He looks at me with confusion, and familiarity.

Suddenly it felt as if my chest was closing up. I immediately snatched my hand away, and ran off to the bathroom.

Once I get to the bathroom, I lock the door, as I look at myself in the mirror. The color from my face was instantly drained.

I looked very pale, and looked like I had just seen a ghost. Suddenly, tears overflow my face, but I don't make any sobs or sounds.

It felt as if the tears where just spilling naturally, I couldn't even stop it. I was too shocked to process all of that.

I just had a major deja Vu moment. I suddenly went back to the moment when we hated each other.

When I hated him.
How we used to be..