27 | Happy Birthday

Song: My love mine all mine
Artist's Name: Mitski

Elara "Elle!! Time to eat honey!!"I curl up into a ball in my bed

Elara
"Elle!! Time to eat honey!!"
I curl up into a ball in my bed. I haven't left my room since yesterday. Today was Saturday so there was no reason to.

I haven't really been eating too. It felt like I was gonna die of hunger, but I don't fucking care.

If I die, then I die.

"Elara. Mom had called you for the fifth time now. Get your ass down there." Ethan shouts at me.

"No. Tell her I don't wanna eat." I reply, making him scoff. "Do you have a death wish or something?"

"Actually I do." I answer casually. I can tell by the look in his eyes, that he was shocked at my casualness.

He huffs, before leaving. I stand up, heading to my drawer. I slide it open, and grab a few weed cigarettes, And two bottles of beer.

I open my window, and lay a blanket down the rooftop. I light a cigarette, and open a beer bottle.

I smoke some weed, as I look up at the stars upon me. Maybe she's one of them.

I don't like to talk about it but.. the thing that made me hate him the most— is because he's the cause of the death of my Sister.

A few years back, maybe three years back, My sister Evangeline committed suicide.

Because of him.

She jumped off of this exact rooftop, I'm sitting at right now. She was everything to me. She was my best friend.

"Happy birthday Eva,"
Not even Scarlett or sienna or Natalia could replace her as my best friend. Today was her twenty-third birthday.

But this time, she's celebrating it in heaven. She was always who I looked up to. She was my role model.

I whiff some more weed, as I gulped down the beer. "Cheers!" I shouted smiling like an idiot to the sky.

"I miss you. Why did you have to do that?" A tear escapes my eye. "Why did you let him get to you? Didn't you say you were the toughest one..?"

She was one of the greatest sisters to me and Ethan. She always sacrificed for us.

When we were little, instead of letting Jacob hit us, she always told him to hit her instead.

She always took the blame.

"Why did you even do that for us? Look what happened to you now." I say, as tears shed from my eyes.

"I just wanted you to know, that you're the best sister anyone has ever asked for."

"Happy Twenty-third birthday, Eva."