36 | Plot twist

Song: Deja vu (sped up)
Artist's Name: Olivia Rodrigo

Lucas"Thank y—"I squint my eyes, and suddenly lock them with those all too familiar emerald green eyes

Lucas
"Thank y—"
I squint my eyes, and suddenly lock them with those all too familiar emerald green eyes.

The color from her face suddenly drains. It looks as if she had seen a ghost.. just then, she runs off to the bathroom.

"Wait—" I mutter, before furrowing my eyebrows. I walk to the cafeteria, and spot Andrew and Knox by the girls.

I sit down, still not processing what just happened. Was she really back? I think to myself.

"Hey did you guys hear? There was a new girl. Apparently she's been homeschooled."

I look at Knox with a confused look. "It's elara." I say, making them all freeze, except for Scarlett.

She might've already seen her. "S-she's.. back..?" Natalia questions, looking very scared.

"I don't care if she's back." Scarlett says rolling her eyes. "She couldn't care enough to listen to us." She says scoffing.

I clenched my fists together. They didn't know about her thoughts. They didn't hear what she told me.

"It wasn't her fault." I say causing them to all look at me. "Really? Then who's is it?" She asks me.

"Her fucking asshole father." I say. She  suddenly clenches her jaw. "Don't you dare fucking talk about my dad like that."

Wait.. what?

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Me and her are half sisters. And dad might've been cruel to her, but he's been the best dad to me." She said before getting up and walking off.

They're sisters..?

"Great going Lucas." Sienna says, before walking off to go to Scarlett, dragging Natalia with her.

They literally care about her more than.. elara..?

Andrew and Knox just stare at me. "Why the heck are you fucks staring me?!" They just shake their heads, before getting up.

I get up, following them to my car. "You guys wanna go to my house?" Knox suggests.

"Yeah sure." Me and Andrew answer in sync, as we hop into my car.

" Me and Andrew answer in sync, as we hop into my car

Elara
"HEY!!"
I wipe my tears, turning around. Just then.. I see Scarlett, sienna and Natalia. I stared at them in confusion.

It looked like we were in a mean girls movie or something. Scarlett as Regina, sienna as Gretchen, Natalia as Karen, and me as.. Cady.

She suddenly slaps me.
Fuck that hurt like a bitch.

I didn't have time to process things. "I— W-why..?" I question her. "I'M TIRED OF ALL THE ATTENTION BEING ON YOU ELARA. YOU ALWAYS ACT LIKE YOU HAVE 'DADDY ISSUES'. AT FIRST I UNDERSTOOD YOU TALKING SHIT ABOUT MY DAD, BUT ONCE YOU'VE CUT ME OFF, ONCE YOU'VE CUT ALL OF US OFF, I WAS SICK AND TIRED OF YOU. AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORST PART IS?! EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE GONE, ALL THE ATTENTION WA STILL ON YOU. ALL LUCAS TALKED ABOUT WAS YOU. I FUCKING HATE YOU."

What..?

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Why would you care if Lucas only talked about me..?"

She scoffs, clenching her jaw. "You're not the only fucking girl that likes him Chienne!!"

She just called me bitch in french.

My mouth hangs wide open. All.. this.. time. She likes.. Lucas..? I look at her with confusion.

She wasn't the Scarlett I used to know.