38 | Promposal | Part 02

Song: You belong with me
Artist's Name: Taylor Swift

Elara "You're on the phone with your girlfriend she's upset, she's going off about something that you said, cause she doesn't get your humor like, I, do

Elara
"You're on the phone with your girlfriend she's upset, she's going off about something that you said, cause she doesn't get your humor like, I, do."
I sing the first part, as we continue to go on, singing together.

"Cause she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts, she's cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers, dreaming bout the day when you wake up and find that what you're looking for had been here the whole time!!"

"IF YOU CAN SEE THAT I'M THE ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS YOU!! BEEN HERE ALL ALONG SO WHY CAN'T YOU SEE? YOU BELONG WITH ME?! YOU BELONG WITH ME!!"

Me and Lucas laugh together, as we stop singing. "Alright, we're here love." Love..?

I blush at his nickname. He takes my hand, as he guides me out of his car. Just then, he pulls out a black blind fold, and ties it around my head.

"What??" I whine chuckling.
"I told you it's a surprise, baby."
I just laugh at him, as he grabs ahold of my waist, walking me towards a stoney area.

Just then, my footsteps stop at a wooden platform. Lucas carefully takes off the blindfold, as I was revealed with him in front of me, with a HUMONGOUS bouquet of roses, a sign, and a smile on his face.

The sign says:
WHY CAN'T YOU SEE?
YOU BELONG WITH ME, CHARLIE!!
HOCO?

The background music suddenly starts fading in, You belong with me. I smile at him.

This time, a genuine smile. I've never felt like this. I've never ever got asked to prom. I was always just the odd one out, when all the girls got prom dates, I was stuck in the house watching Netflix, since no one asked me to go with them.

I nod at him, smiling widely. "Yes Lucas, yes!!" I shout, as he runs to me, hugging me.

I cry on his shoulder with tears of joy. This man is different from them. He's apart from all those jerks.

Even though I thought he was one at first, I guess he wasn't. I continue crying on his shoulder, hugging him tightly.

Just then.. it hit me.
It hit me on a typical Monday night, in the middle of nowhere, as I cried on his shoulder—
I think I actually do like him.
—too much to put it into words.