Prologue

Death is calm and peaceful, it is life that is painful. I would know. My name is Phoenix Firenza, and I'm lucky "Experiment 13". I don't know how I'm lucky, but they tell me I'm lucky because I'm the first to survive. 

Hey, wouldn't that make me "Living Experiment 1"? Nope. Whenever I complain about that, they always answer with the same answer.

"Be glad that we saved you at all, and that we don't dump you on the street for them to find, 13," "Phoenix," "Is that attitude I'm hearing?!" "No sir!.. Ow! No, Miss Valis!"

I bet your wondering who "They" and "Them" are. "Them" are the bad guys. They call themselves the "Necromancers". You'll know why in a minute.

"They" are scientists, like the lovely Miss Valis. All of these scientists are extremely boring, all except one. I'll tell you about her in a minute too. These scientists think of themselves as the good guys. I nicknamed them "Dr. Frankenstein's fan club". The nickname was not appreciated. I wonder why.

There is something similar between the Necromancers and the Fan club. Their creepy obsession with death. That's where I come in. I was killed, then the Fan club brought me back to life, using a chemical combination, which was the Fan club's 13th try. 

I did tell you I was "Experiment 13".