Chapter 29

We processed what we had just heard. There was no video for Lily. We started at the walls, never at each other. I handed Lily to Flo. I ran out of the room to my special place. But the reason I went there wasn't there. I missed Ez.

 Things stayed quiet like this for a few days. Then weeks, then months. The nightmares still came. They seemed scarier than usual. I knew I wasn't the only one suffering from nightmares. Everyone had the same haunted look.

 Over the time, at some point, Flo and Clom started dating. And Mr. Baldemort turned out to be a Mrs. Baldemort. Her and the Princess had three ugly kittens. Mr. Cat, Mrs. Princessmort , and Baldesparkles. Arelle named them.

 I missed Ez more than ever. Ren became the babysitter since Flo and I couldn't always do it. Dynn and I had become training partners. He was getting so good,  I had tough competition. 

 After nine months, I finally saw Ez. I was in my special spot. He came running in. I jumped up and ran towards him, giving him a hug. But I stepped away, since I had nightmares of Ez joining the faces of my dead love ones.

 He caught his breath and said a few words that terrified me. "Phoenix... The Fan Club are the Necromancers. The Necromancers are the Fan club. They always havebeen," Ez said.