Chapter 1

When I was 12, my entire family and I were killed by the Necromancers. I didn't know it at the time though. Apparently, I was a perfect candidate for becoming one of the Experiments. The Fan club and the Necromancers each wanted to be the first to bring the dead back.

So my entire family was killed so I could die. Wouldn't you go crazy if that happened? I didn't. Again, another reason to be an Experiment.

Anyway, the Necromancers came and slowly killed my family until I died last. But they didn't bring me back, the Fan club did. I still had no clue what was happening, and I was a teensy bit freaked out. Not that much though. Another reason... You know what? Who really cares? I certainly don't.

When I was told what had happened, I became furious. I was angry when the Fan club came in to explain, and I didn't want to be treated like some kind of miracle. I was too busy to be worshiped anyway, since I was thinking of ways to escape. The worshiping ended pretty quickly when the Fan club realized I was what some people say...

"You are extremely uncooperative, annoying, selfish, stubborn, and ignorant of the honor that has been bestowed upon you!" Miss Valis said sternly. She had introduced herself as one of the leaders of the Fan club. Miss Valis was wrong. I wasn't selfish or ignorant. Everything else, dead on.

"You forgot awesome," I said helpfully. I smiled kindly at Miss Valis. There were three other scientists behind her. One reminded me of a dead lizard. No, that's an offense to dead lizards. The second looked like a mutated rat/bat hybrid.

The third looked young. She was very pretty. She had pretty, golden brown hair that matched my own. She had kind, sincere turquoise eyes that made me like her immediately. She looked like she would be an awesome older sister.  

"Yes. Thank you very much 13. Hey! Wait! No!" Miss Valis said. Miss Valis, well, I won't describe her. If I look to closely at her, I think I might be so horrified, I'll die again. The young scientist had to stop herself from laughing, but she couldn't escape a smile. This earned her disapproving looks from the other Fan club members. 

"13? Really? Are we picking nicknames for each other now? But aren't we supposed to braid each other's hair first and trade secrets?" I said. Now the third scientist really laughed. I liked her laugh. I also had feeling no one laughed here, from the withering glares the scientist received. I also got the feeling from Miss Valis's response.

"Enough! I will not allow your foolish nonsense to continue poisoning this respected place! STUPID BRAT! CRYING OVER HER DEAD FOOLISH STUPID FAMILY!" Miss Valis screamed at me. She must have thought I crossed the line. Miss Valis didn't know me. If she did, she wouldn't mess with me.

 "Okay, okay. Your way it is. I think you look like a witch... Wait. What did witches ever do to me? I think you are a stuck up, snobby, rude old fart. And your nickname is something that rhymes with witch, starts with a 'b'. Oh, yeah, a bit-" Before I finished, the mutated rat/bat hybrid interrupted.

"I think we should leave 13 alone for awhile. Miss Valis, Professor Reptile," he said, addressing the dead lizard face and Miss Valis. I nearly died with laughter, since I had to keep quiet and not be obnoxious. That might be a little impossible for me.

"I must agree with you, Professor Rattsen," Miss Valis said, regaining her composure, while I lost mine. "Since you're so amused, you can babysit the brat," Miss Valis said to the young scientist, "Hope you're happy. You better think about your actions," Miss Valis said. She then left with the others.

The young scientist actually did look happy, and looked like the only thing she would be thinking about is how to make this happen more often. She then looked at me with a kind smile on her face.

"Your name's Phoenix, correct? I really like your name. It is quite pretty. I think maybe with you here, I might actually like this place. My name's Mieary," she said, pronouncing it like "Mirror-y".

 And with that, I met the scientist who was unlike the rest.