Chapter 8

My routine was all I ever paid attention to. It was basically my life. But, one day I noticed a few things. The Fan club had stopped experimenting with bringing the dead back. And Miss Valis, Professor Rattsen, and Professor Reptile were gone. I hadn't seen the them in a really long time. But new scientist's always came.

 It was a bit odd but I stayed with my routine. I overheard that a new scientist and his son were moving in tomorrow. I didn't really care. A new nerd and his brat. Wonderful. Maybe I should do a jig to show my enthusiasm.

 Since I have been on good behavior, I'm allowed anywhere I want. I found a perfect place a couple months ago to hang out. I usually stay in an empty storage room on the third floor. It has a view of the mountains and trees outside. This used to be someone's room, but people keep on disappearing. Another odd thing I don't really care about.

 I found a stack of books in one of the empty rooms, and was making my way through them. I didn't understand why the characters in the books would sacrfice themselves for love. But, deep down, I knew that for love, I would be okay with dying if Mieary had stayed alive. I have no time for worthless emotions though.

 Mieary had told me that to fall in love was wonderful. I didn't believe her. I could see the pain love had given her. She would cry almost every night because of the person she loved. When ever I had voiced my thoughts on love, Mieary would sigh. She always said that we had sisterly love. But I'd always respond by saying that I wasn't in love with her. I was rewarded with her rolling her eyes at me since I had won the argument.

"Experiment 13?! Where are you?!" I heard a voice calling for me. I looked out the window. I had missed dinner, training, and Experiment 13 tests. I was in big trouble. I had been too absorbed in my book. I got up from where I had been curled up in the corner, and walked to the door.

 "Next time, watch the time," Fan club nerd said, " Well, you know that a new scientist is coming tomorrow. As well as his son. He's your age," I was annoyed that I needed to listen to this. I really didn't care. As I was trying to hide my irritation, a new scientist approached.

 I remembered that her name was Cara Valis. She had the signature Valis golden brown hair. She was named after her relative Miss Valis. She was kinder than the others scientists, but she was extremely strict, like how Miss Valis had been once.

 "13, I expect you to be on your best behavior. Understand?" Cara said sternly, her eyes hard, "Speaking of the new scientist's son, maybe you can become friends with him. He will be in the same classes as you, and he will train with you. From what I've heard, you might have competition," Cara said with a smile.

 Cara's smile always seemed to have that hard, stern expression she always had. She was a bit terrifyingly, for a nerd from the Fan club. I didn't really care about becoming friends with the new scientist's brat. I was actually annoyed that I was stuck with a scientist wannabe.

 I couldn't have been more wrong.