Chapter 17

After dinner, I was still upset about Ez lying to me. I didn't want to stay inside my head with only my thoughts, so I paid attention to the conversation going on in the lounge. I was leaning against the wall, Ren was slowly trying to escape to her room, Dynn was arguing with Clom, Flo was reading, but occasionally looking at Arelle, and Arelle...

 "Is that a cat?" I said, noticing Arelle petting a lump. Flo looked up and smiled, knowing something I didn't know. Ren stopped trying to escape, realizing that something interesting was going to happen. Dynn smacked Clom's shoulder, having won the argument, and then the two watched what was going on between me and Arelle. "Please don't tell me that's a cat!"

 "Okay, it's not a cat. It's my precious baby," Arelle said, cooing at the cat, "I love him so much! His name will be... Princess Wonder Rainbow Sparkles!" Arelle was holding the cat upside down. The Princess was okay with it. I got a good look of it's face.

 "Put that thing down! Get it out of here! It's no Princess Wonder Fart! It's the Demon Cat!" I exclaim, putting as much distance between me and the Demon Cat. The Demon Cat is a scientist's cat. His owner died a long time ago, and the cat attacks everyone. Especially me.

 "Princess Wonder Rainbow Sparkles! I'm not getting rid of him! No! No! No!" Arelle started yelling. Man, this kid was loud. I walked over to her, and grabbed the cat. The Demon Cat did not appreciate this, and tried to scratch me. I opened the lounge's door to the hallway, and chucked him as hard as I could. Maybe I did deserve to be attacked.

 Flo grabbed two pillows, and used them to cover her ears. Arelle stood up, and and put an angry look on her face. She then screamed as loud as she could. She screamed so loud and so long. Clom ran, and pushed past me. He opened the door and grabbed the cat. He then thruster the cat towards Arelle. She stopped screaming, and went to her room with the cat. 

 I huffed in annoyance. The look the others gave me was clear. The cat stays. Dynn and Clom continued talking. I walked away, towards my special place. Ren and Flo followed. 

 "This place is cool! Look at all the books!" Ren exclaimed. Her and Flo looked at all the books. I sat on the windowsill. Like I usually do. I found a small box there. I opened it and saw a note.

Dear Phoenix,

Sorry for leavin earlier. My dad wants me to help him on a project. I won't see you for a couple of days. I'd like you to have this.

-Ez

 The thing he wanted me to have was an iPod. It had a lot of songs in it. I closed my eyes and leaned back, listening to the music. I fell asleep. 

 I dreamed of my mom. My dad. My brother. And Lily. Always Lily. When I didn't seeher, I could here her little giggle. I dreamed of Mieary. Singing along to the song....

 I woke up. The current song was the song. I ripped out the earbuds. I looked out the window, trying to banish unwanted memories. I noticed that Ren and Flo were happily reading. Ren noticed ai as looking at her and looked up.

 "Hey Phoenix! So you and Ez?" Ren said. She gave me a smirk. "How long have you two been dating?" She laughed at my reaction.

  "Wha... What?!!! Me and Ez?! Ez and me?!"  I exclaimed, startled. When I started to blush, Ren and Flo started laughing and shaking their heads like I was an idiot. Maybe I was. "We're not... Together! Us?!! What?!" I started stammering.

 "So can I date him?" Flo asked. "No!!!!" I screamed. Flo smiled. "I knew it! You like him! He likes you too!" Flo cooed. Her and Ren started laughing. We argued for awhile about Ez liking me. We joked around.

 It was sad when we had to go back. We walked back laughing. I was glad that Ren and Flo were my friends. Just before I fell asleep I had one more thought.

 Ez likes me? And I like him?