Chapter 9

I woke up screaming from my nightmares. I calmed down before anyone came. I got ready for the day. Cara was already waiting for me outside my door.

 "You just need to do your Experiment 13 tests today. You can spend the rest of your day how you like," Cara said. She was hiding something, but I didn't care. In the past, I would have pestered Cara until she told me what she was hiding. But I was basically an empty shell. Beyond saving.

 I took the Experiment 13 tests, then started to walk towards my hang out. When I walked in, I saw someone was in the room. I froze on the spot with surprise, then got into my fighting stance. The figure in the room held the book I'd currently been reading. He turned in surprise, and held his hands up in surrender.

 "Hey easy! Don't worry! I'm not gonna attack you!" The figure said. He sounded young. Probably the new scientist's son. But I wasn't about to let down my guard. He had invaded my special spot. I looked at him more carefully. He had messy blond hair, a tan, and pretty green eyes. He looked like he was very athletic.

 "Yet... Many people say that I'm extremely annoying. Stick with me, and you'll be joining the Anti-Phoenix club," I say, making sure he doesn't do anything.

 "Phoenix... That's a very pretty name, for a very pretty girl. Can I join the Phoenix fan club?" He said. I looked at him. Most scientists that join the Fan club don't have a sense of humor. "My name's Ez, and I'd like to sign up to be president of the Phoenix fan club," Ez said with a smile. I think we might just get along. Right after I kill him for being in my special spot.

 "Hope you don't expect me to say something cheesy like, 'Ez, I love that name, almost as much as I love you," cause you'll be waiting a long time before I say that. I'd rather eat bananas, and I really hate bananas. Hey, 'I like bananas as much as I like you,'" I said. Did I mention that I have quite a temper? "I have to give you negative 25 points, because of lame flirting. Now, why the hell are you in here?! I'll give you three options, I throw you out the window, I break your pretty face, or the most boring out of the three, tell me why you are here?! Option one is my personal favourite, but option two is okay," I say, giving Ez my best death glare. I'm quite proud of it.

 "Did you call me cute? Your quite adorable when your trying to be scary. Your also very scary when trying to be scary," Ez teases. I glare at him harder. "Okay, option three. I'm hiding from all the creepy scientists. This place is hell. But I did find an angel in all this chaos," he says with a smile.

 "Stop all the stupid flirting. I'm quite disappointed that you picked option three. My hopes were very high, and my heart was set on option one," I said. I relaxed my stance, and kept a calm face, but something he had said troubled me. "Welcome to the Clubhouse of Dr. Frankenstein's Fan club. And if you hate the Fan club, feel free to join the Anti-Fan club," I say with a sneaky smile, seeing if I can trick Ez.

 Ez realized his mistake, and fell silent. Everyone in the Fan club loved this place, and everything it represented. Apparently, Ez wasn't like everyone else here. He had full use of his own mind.

 "So, if I join how many members would be in this Anti-Fan club? I have a feeling your in it," Ez said after a long time. I could see that his curiosity got the better of him. I had to resist a smile. In many ways, Ez and I were very alike.

 "If you join, there would be three members. And two of them are in this room," I said. I saw that Ez was going to ask where the third member was, but I abruptly answered, "And the third one died along time ago." Ez was taken aback at what I said, and was about to apologize for my loss. I looked at him and shook my head, so he wouldn't. I don't need or want sympathy and pity.

 "Your the famous Experiment 13!" Ez exclaimed, realizing who I was. "Most of the scientists say your...  Well, your actually a lot cooler than what I've heard!"

 "They must say I'm pretty cool, or someone's gonna get hurt," I say with a smile. I realize this is my first real smile in a while. It feels good to smile again. Ez and I talk for hours, until we have to leave.

 "You can come here when ever you want," I said to Ez as we are leaving. He smiles at me. As I am walking to go to Experiment 13 tests, I can't help feeling excited that I'll see Ez tomorrow. I've never felt this way. It is very... Weird. But also... It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

That night, there was no nightmares. Only wonderful dreams. I woke up from my depression. That's when I really started to notice all the strange things happening.