Chapter 12

I clutched my pad of paper and pencils close. The two people hadn't noticed me yet, so I hid in the shadows. One of the figure was a girl. She was tiny, compared to the other. She was a little taller than the average person. She was slender and looked athletic. She had long dark brown. She was very pretty, and had eyes that looked very intelligent. She looked about my age.

 The other person was a guy. It was obvious that he and the girl were siblings. He looked nineteen. While the girl had a kind, mischievous look on her face, he had a dangerous, cold look on his. He was extremely tall, and was skinny, but not as athletic as the girl. He had brown hair so dark, it was almost black. He shared his sister's beauty. 

 Their eyes.. Their eyes told me they were like me. But as I was Experiment 13, they had a higher number. They had golden brown eyes. By gold, I mean really gold.

 I decided to leave the shadows and approach them. "Who are you?" I demanded. They both jumped. The guy glared at me, while the girl had a confused look.

 "I...I'm sorry. I can not answer that question right now," the girl said. She was surprised at first, but was now confident. I could tell that was how she was all the time. I waited for her to continue. She didn't, but looked frustrated she didn't have an answer.

 "I'm Phoenix Firenza. But the members of Dr. Frankenstein's Fan club call me Experiment 13. I assume your a type of experiment? Your eyes give it away. This is the Fan club's Clubhouse. Clubhouse of horrors," I muttered. I continued to stare at the girl and guy.

 "Experiment 17," the guy said shortly, then continued his glaring, but at the wall not me. He didn't say anything else. The girl continued, looking exhausted by her brother's response, "My name is Ren, and this is my brother Dynn. The scientists told us that. They told us we died then came back.  But when we died, our memories were taken. I'm sorry, I don't know anything else."

 I realized that the scientists were starting up the experiments again. I wondered what the Necromancers were doing, but they were most likely active if the Fan club was. I was terrified for a minute. I snapped myself out of it. I wondered if the Necromancers were the ones that killed Ren and Dynn.

 I retreated to my room without a word to Ren and Dynn. The nightmares returned that night, but they weren't just about Mieary's death. I watched my family's death. Again and again and again.

 I woke up screaming. When I did so I realized what the nightmares really meant. I was terrified of the Necromancers.