1

Phoenix Arizona 18 Years Later

Phoenix Arizona
18 Years Later

"Joi, Jonah breakfast is ready!". Liyah placed two plates on the kitchen table, each plate held turkey sausage, waffles with berries and whipped cream on top with a side of scrambled eggs.

Sipping from her coffee mug she listened to them come down the stairs bickering.

"Maybe if you hadn't of took all day in the bathroom my hair wouldn't be frizzy!". Joi sneered as Jonah brushed past her walking over to give his mom hug.

"Whatever Chia pet". Jonah snickered as Joi poked her bottom lip out.

"Mommy he's picking on me!". Joi watched as Jonah continued to laugh now on the verge of tears.

"Jonah enough! Joi what's wrong?". Liyah lightly shoved Jonah as he continued to laugh taking his seat shortly.

"I have this ugly pimple on my cheek, my hair looks a mess, and my stomach is bloated!". Joi cried pointing out everything that was wrong.

"Erin calm down for one and two it's fine, you're okay". Liyah called her by her middle name watching Joi's thick eyebrows furrow as tears welled up.

"It's not!". Liyah frowned not liking Joi's attitude or tone.

"Joi go upstairs, collect yourself and then come have a civil breakfast with us". Liyah placed the coffee mug on the counter wanting Joi to have another outburst.

Realizing her mom was now serious Joi sprinted up the stairs pushing past Lamar who was making his way down.

Liyah shook her head glancing over at Jonah who held a smirk on his face. "And wipe the smirk off before I embarrass you". Jonah face quickly dropped, he pulled out his phone while clearing his throat.

Liyah placed her hand on her forehead feeling a headache come on, it's wasn't even 10 am and they were already stressing her out.

This was a typical morning in their residence, Liyah knew raising teenagers would be difficult but she didn't think it would be that hard.

Not only did she have two hormonal teenagers but she had teenagers with their father attitude, she didn't know whose was worse, Jonah or Joi's. She hated the fact that they could be so defiant like him especially Joi, she was hoping to get a loveable little girl. Instead she got the female version of Jah. It could be a handful at times.

"Good morning gorgeous". Lamar wrapped his arms around Liyah giving her a soft kiss on the lips.

"Gross". Jonah scrunched his face up making Liyah look over at him as she wrapped her arms around Lamar's tall frame.

"Whatever JoJo, finish eating". Jonah rolled his eyes slickly tending to his food.

"What's wrong with baby girl, she brushed past me this morning not even acknowledging me". Lamar says watching Liyah fix his plate.