2

Phoenix, Arizona

Phoenix, Arizona

"Alright meet me at the gates at exactly 3 so I can drop you off, I got practice at 5. Don't be late". Jonah says while leaning against the locker while talking to Joi.

"I mean I can just walk home with my friends". Joi suggested making him cut his eyes.

"You'on got not friends, I'm yo friend. Them fast ass girls only friends with you to try to get to me. Meet me at the gate Joi I'm not playing". Joi rolled her eyes clutching onto her purse.

"Way to ruin any hope I had for friends, alright". Joi began to walk away before Jonah pulled her back giving her a tight hug.

"I'm sorry fats I'm just being real, but you make it on time I'll treat you to Chick-Fil- A". Joi ears perked at the mention of Chick-Fil-A.

"Shoot why you ain't say that first, I'll be at the gate at 2:59". Jonah laughed giving her forehead a peck.

"Go to class Fats, I love you". Joi squeezed him tightly releasing afterwards.

"I love you more Juba". Just as Joi was getting ready to walk away Jonah's friends approached them.

Jonah had noticed Cassius and Joi eyeing each other, snapping his finger in Cassius face to get him to stop staring he motioned for Joi to walk away.

He knew for a fact that his friend was crushing on his little sister and he didn't know how to feel about it. He couldn't say that his friend was a bad guy because he wasn't but he just didn't want them messing with his little sister.

"Aye don't be snapping in my face, the fuck". Cassius swatted Jonah's hand kissing his teeth.

"Stop eyeing my sister then". Jonah grabbed his chemistry book out of his locker making sure to grab his homework as well.

"Man I don't know what you're talking about". Cassius waved him off taking a bite out of the blueberry muffin he was holding.

"Whatever, what yall niggas want?". Jonah leaned against the locker watching some unfamiliar faces walk by.

It seemed like the school doubled in students since last year.

"I was seeing if you wanted to go by the Pit later on, they haven't a first day kickback and shit". Julian his other friend says while scrolling on his phone.

"Man yall know I ain't the partying type plus I got baseball practice later".

"Man you want to be Jackie Robinson so bad! Nigga it's later on meaning nine o clock, you know shit don't start jumping to eleven or twelve". Cassius said eying a girl who walked pass, giving her a wink.

"Yall act like yall don't know who my moms is, she'll hand my ass to me on a silver platter if I was out that late". Jonah shook his head not even wanting to attempt to go to the party.