11

Phoenix, Arizona Jah's Residence

Phoenix, Arizona
Jah's Residence

Feeling herself overheating Liyah opened her eyes slightly whimpering. Not only was her arm aching but her chest felt heavy for some odd reason.

Looking down she saw Jah's head on her chest, looking to the left of her Joi was cuddled underneath her arm and Jonah was laying on her thigh. Last thing Liyah remembered was talking to them last night before passing out due to the medication she was prescribed.

Getting uncomfortably hot Liyah gently tapped Jah's face causing him to stir in his sleep. "Emin".

Tapping him again she watched as his eyes popped opened. Looking up at her with red eyes Jah had a look of concern on his face. "What's wrong baby?".

"Nothing I just need to use the restroom and I'm overheating". He nodded sitting up, she gently moved Joi's head as well as Jonah.

Jah helped her out of his California King sized bed while examining her.

"You in pain?". He questioned as her faced turned due to the pain in her ribs. "Yes".

Jah grabbed the CVS bag from off of his dresser as she slowly walked inside of his bathroom.

Liyah took the time to look at herself in the mirror, she could cry at the sight. She had dark bags under her eyes, her face was pale not to mention the bruise above her eyebrow.

It had been a few days since the altercation with Lamar, the only reason she hasn't broke down was because of Jah and the kids, they made sure to show her with love and tend to her every need. If it wasn't for them Liyah knew for a fact she wouldn't have been able to cope with what happened.

She never knew how much she actually needed Jah until now. Liyah regretted ever given Lamar a chance or better yet not waiting for Jah. She felt like she ruined her family and she just prayed they could be one again.

One thing she could say is Jah never put her in harms way intentionally nor thought to put his hands on her. Even when she lashed out on him and got physically with him he never thought to retaliate.

Liyah could tell that the love was still there with him and she too knew that this situation hurt him. The first night here she heard him cry, he thought she was asleep but she was silently crying with him.

She felt like a horrible person because she put her children through something traumatic, although they tried to hold it together for her she knew they were affected by it especially Jonah.

Jah had told her how Jonah nearly beat Lamar to death. It pained her knowing that her baby had to stop of character like that because of her.

Finishing up in the bathroom she used her good arm to brush her teeth and wash her face.

Seeing her bushy hair all over her head she cringed, she definitely needed Joi to brush her hair into a ponytail.

Walking out of the bathroom she saw Jah sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. She had noticed the kids were no longer in the room.