6

Phoenix, Arizona Mid- January Liyah and Lamar's Engagement Party

Phoenix, Arizona
Mid- January
Liyah and Lamar's Engagement Party

"Remember Jonah burnt Orange and White is our color scheme". Liyah says as she walked inside of Jonah's room with her robe on, jumbo sized rollers in her hair. 

"I got it mom". Jonah pointed to the blazer that laid across his computer chair.

"Mhn just making sure, is Gia coming?".

"Yeah she's getting her hair done now, I'm going to pick her up after. Can she get dressed here?".

"Yes but she needs to utilize Joi's bathroom or the main bathroom, not yours".

Jonah kissed his teeth as Liyah eyed him. "Mom it ain't even like that".

"Boy please! I was young once, I see the way you two look at each other. The chemistry between you guys is noticeable , kind of reminds me of me and Em-" Liyah stopped herself mid sentence clearing her throat.

"I need to finish getting ready, Jonah you need to be at the venue at 5pm not a minute late".

"I'm not going to be late mom, I promise. Stop stressing". Jonah towered over his mom giving her a big hug, he could tell her nerves were everywhere which was odd to him. It's not like she doesn't know Lamar, she only been with him for six years, no way she should be this nervous.

"I love you JoJo".

"I love you more mom". He placed a kiss on her forehead releasing her.

Jonah's phone began to ring making him look over at his bed.

"I'll let you get on the phone with your boo". Liyah teased heading out of his room closing the door behind her.

Picking up the phone he saw Jah was calling him. Answering the phone he put the phone to his ear going to open up his bedroom door making sure his mom wasn't lingering around.

"Pops wassup?". Jonah greeted closing the door before taking a seat on his bed.

"Wassup son, I was just calling to let you know I'm about to board the flight, I should be landing at about 7:20 or so".

"Okay cool, ima pick you up from the airport".

"It's just going to be you?".

"Well me and my friend, I don't want to bring Joi cause I know she's going to run her mouth to mom and I don't want things ruined". Jonah explains while putting on his clothes.

"Okay cool, well they about to check me. I'll see you soon. I love you".

"I love you too pops". Jonah smiled before disconnecting the call.

Jonah opened up his tshirt drawer sliding one of the shirts to the side grabbing the thick white envelope that laid inside.

Inside the envelope was sixty-thousand dollars he withdrew from his trust fund. Liyah had a trust fund for Jonah and Joi, each one contained two-hundred thousand dollars. They had access to them as soon as they turned eighteen.