8

Phoenix, ArizonaOne week Later Viewers discretion advised 

Phoenix, Arizona
One week Later
Viewers discretion advised 

Liyah's eyes were closed tight as she heard Lamar shuffling around their bedroom. He was in the process of getting ready for work, she had pretended to be asleep so he wouldn't say anything to her.

It's been a week since he's hit her and he did everything in his will power to apologize to her but she didn't want to hear it. She couldn't even look at him the same, that wasn't the Lamar she met six years ago, she didn't know who he was anymore.

Cringing inside as she felt his lips on her forehead she heard the bedroom door close. Laying there for an additional five minutes she heard his truck start up letting her know that he was out of the house.

Pulling the covers back revealing her fully clothed body she slid out of bed grabbing her sandals from underneath the bed putting them on.

Peeking out of the blinds she saw that he was officially gone. Releasing the breath she didn't know she was holding in she hurried to their closet.

Sliding her clothes back she revealed the built in safe she had installed inside of the closet. She had learned a few things from Jah in regard to hiding things, he always told her to stash important stuff in either the walls or the floorboards.

Punching in the code she opened it revealing Jah's important documents as well as his jewelry and some of his money. She put half of his money inside of the house and the other half inside of a hidden bank account that only she knew about.

Liyah never discarded Jah's things because she knew one day she would see him again, she just didn't know where and how but in her heart she knew they would reunite. She just wanted to make sure he was good rather they were together or not.

Grabbing her tote bag she placed everything inside brushing over her wedding band as well as his, sighing to herself she closed the door locking the safe back.

Looking over at herself in the mirror she tossed her freshly curled hair fixing it.

Simply dressed in green flared pants with a white tank top Liyah felt someone decent from how she previously felt.

Her nerves were everywhere, not only could she not get out of her head about what Lamar did but also seeing Jah for the first time alone.

She didn't know what was to come with this visit, she didn't know how Jah truly felt about her.

Leaving out of the house she text the kids letting them know she would be with their dad since it was almost time for them to get out of school. She didn't want them worrying about her whereabouts when they came home, especially Jonah. Sometimes he acted like her dad as if she wasn't the parent.

Keying in the address to the hotel room she buckled her seatbelt sighing out again.

"Lord please be with me". She mumbled gripping the staring wheel.