Thanksgiving (2.3)

The event ended without much more fanfare, a bucket of ice had been procured, and London's expertise had been called upon. Cody's hand hurt like a motherfucker, but she didn't think it was broken. He found himself in her office the next day for x-rays and she pointed out that his knuckles were just bruised. "Where did you learn to throw a punch like that?"

Cody looked over to the wall opposite her desk and, just like she said, hung his photograph. "You'll never guess." he smirked.

She followed his eyes, "Cody Martin do not tell me you got into a muay thai ring." Her voice ran with mirth. He raised his eyebrows proactively before his face split into a wide grin. "When?"

"A couple years back. I was on assignment. They saw the scrawny white boy and taught him a thing or two." London nodded at his quick tale, a smirk dancing on her face. Dare he say it? Did London look impressed? He leaned in, lowering his voice to a conspiratorial level, and looked at her from the corner of his eye, "but if I'm being transparent, all I've got is a right hook and can run really fast." That was when he threw out a quick but brazen wink. Her laugh was full of heart and the blush that appeared on her cheeks meant that the flirt landed how he wanted. Was he really flirting with London Tipton? Maybe he was still a little punch drunk from the night before.

"Well, Mr. Martin, you are good to go." London finished wrapping his hand and he stood up from the edge of the desk he was currently perched on and wiggled his fingers for good measure. She ripped a script from its pad detailing the dosage of ibuprofen he should take for the pain.

Cody stopped at the door leaving it closed. "What are you doing tonight, Dr. Tipton?" he asked innocently enough.

"Nothing," she smiled. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, I was thinking I would make you some dinner as a thank you." He leaned down closer to her short height. It was a welcomed surprise that she wore crocs instead of some expensive stilettos. "I make a great carbonara."

"And let me guess, you picked up the recipe in Italy?" She countered, his well traveled life not impressing her much.

"As a matter of fact I did! The secret is to use guanciale instead of bacon." the air sparked between them. A silent game of chicken. Who would hold out the longest? Cody watched as her tongue darted out to lick her lips. He raised an eyebrow, hoping to nudge her decision in his favor.

London's stomach fluttered and she wondered if he could see it in her eyes. When did the nerdy perfectionist learn how to be so smooth? "Are you asking me out on a date, Cody Martin?" Her voice came out a bit deeper and a little more wanton than she was aiming for. But there was something about his dark hair highlighting the blue of his eyes that made her want to fall into him.

"Of course not. Just two old friends, having some dinner and talking about old times." He grazed his bottom lip with his teeth, his eyes smoldering just a little more. "I warn you, I don't live like Zack and Jackson but the view is pretty great and my vinyl collection is killer."

Oh so he had moves. A giant leap forward than his oblivious style of flirting. "Sure. Okay. Why not?"

"Great," he stood up tall. Had they really come so close to each other? "My place at seven. My address is on your intake form," he winked.

London wasn't proud that she scoured her wardrobe for something to wear. She didn't know why she was trying to find the "perfect" outfit. He had seen her in so many precarious situations before. She also wasn't sure how he would be dressed either. Both last night and today his style had an easy structure to it. At first she chalked it up to Jackson but when she asked he gave all the credit to his brother-in-law. For the rest of her day her mind was filled with just how physically close they got in her office. When did he get so tall? When did she allow herself to be so short?