March (7.2)

"Do you have the girl's bags?" Zack yelled to his husband.

"In front of the door!" The two husbands were running around like chickens with their heads cut off making sure they had everything to take on the train to Boston. They knew that they could go on a plane, but Aspen's ears couldn't handle the pressure of her ears not popping. So, even if it did take almost three times as long to go by train, that was their only option. Surprisingly, neither man owned a car. Owning a car really wasn't a "thing" in New York City. And even Cody had to pay an exorbitant amount of money to store his motorcycle just so it wouldn't be vandalized or stolen. It wasn't like a bike that could just be carried up the stairs. Thankfully his building had a little alcove-shed-thing. But that didn't stop his landlord from wanting too much for the privilege of using it.

The now one year old twins were being watched by Cody. Summer down on the ground playing with blocks shaped like rocks in a playpen because that girl wouldn't stop moving; and Aspen happily sitting in his lap just content to be held. The girl literally cried when she was put down. She had even developed a game of it. Cry when being moved to be put down and stop when she is held. It was a very rewarding game for her. The three men were all certain that her love language would be Touch. Cody was still betting that when she got older anyone she let touch her would be granted an esteemed honor. He was smiling to himself, thankful that he did not have to deal with two of the same person. He had found tremendous gratitude for what his parents went through with him and his brother. There was a rumor that girls were easier than boys but he was sure their mother placed the infamous "parental curse" on Zack that said they would have kids just like they were. If Cody was honest, his mother placed the same curse on him as well. Oh, watching his nieces grow up was going to be fun!

"A little help here?!" Zack barked at Cody throwing his hands out wide in exasperation.

"What?" Cody looked at him blank faced. "My bags are next to the door. Just like Jackson said." He wasn't lying, his camel leather weekender bag was sitting with everyone else's, along with his camera equipment bag.

"I meant with the twins!" Zack threw his hands on his hips.

"I am..." He bounced Aspen on his knee making his version of motorcycle noises that elicited shrieking giggles from the younger of the two twins. The girls were eighteen minutes apart with Summer coming out first. Both girls were identical with blonde hair and blue-green eyes. The men had chosen a woman of color to be their surrogate to take Jackson' place since he didn't have any sisters. What no one expected was for the girls to basically be the female versions of Zack and Cody. But as Zack liked to say, they won everyone's hearts they met so they weren't exact copies of the men.

"Leave Cody alone!" Jackson scolded, stuffing random things into another diaper bag. "Our inability to prepare does not constitute an emergency for him."

"Aww thanks Jackson!" Cody beamed.

"Don't thank me yet. You think you're getting a break from that one? Think again. You're giving me a break and she's going to be your double for the rest of the trip." Jackson knew his daughter very well. The moment someone needed to shift, or would have to get up and she would be passed into someone else's arms, the screams and crying would begin. He was simply looking out for the other passengers. Hashtag Sacrifices! He watched as Cody's face blanched with great amusement. Gleefully he relished that when he wanted, he always landed on top of one of the twins in one way or another.

Finally, the two fathers had everything in order and the Uber to the station arrived right on time. Cody kept his promise to keep a hold on Aspen for as long as he could. Holding an infant in a car really wasn't legal and he couldn't stop apologizing to the driver profusely as her screams filled the car because she was now in a car seat. He realized about thirty seconds in that maybe sitting up front wasn't the best idea.