25

Just as she thought her plan failed, he skated back to her.

"You think I'll pass on food? Jokes on you then," Taehyung ran back to her, snatching the paper bag and running off again. "Taehyung! Wait!" She screamed and ran behind him.

When he did stop, they were almost at class, where Esther, Jun and Riwan were already sitting, preparing for a test.

Taehyung immediately put the bag behind him as if to hide it. "What happened?" Jennie asked in a quiet voice. "I wanna eat this alone," he replied back.

"So? Just say it, why hide?" She asked again. "Riwan is gonna start with his "dad feed your son" card and steal everything," he whispered, his hand slowly sneaking the food into his bag. "That's valid," Jennie agreed and silently walked in.

"Ah! There you are, the Kims!" Principal Templeton watched the two as they proceeded to sit in different desks. "Busy on a breakfast date?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow. His words making the five students look at each other with a "If he knew" face.

Riwan, being the brat, mouthed "my parents" to Esther and Jun almost making them crack up.

Taehyung and Jennie, who noticed it, decided to stay quiet at the moment and tell the principal later that they weren't together.

Jennie's heart raced at the phrase "breakfast date". She thought if they were to be together, that would be the cutest date idea.

In about 20 minutes, the students were busy answering their written mock test, all hoping they were well prepared and ready to make the quiz their own.

When Principal Templeton's timer beeped, everyone set their pens down, ready to give their answer sheets. "Alright my gems! How about you take today a day off! I will give you the early dismissal pass and you all can go refresh your minds and indulge in something other than studying," he offered. The idea sounded so good, the students were out of the room in a jiffy.

Jennie who also hurried out, caught onto Taehyung's sleeve, stopping him. "I was thinking, if we could go meet Leah... It's alright if you have to do something else!" She said.

Taehyung's expression relaxed, "That's okay Kim, we can go together," he placed his hand on hers, observing her expression. His touch electrified her, her eyes going wide for a few seconds and then relaxing when he took his hand back.

Looks like I make someone's heart race like that.

The two climbed onto Tae's bike, riding to the hospital. Jennie bent to his ear and spoke, "You're helping me so much Taehyung, thank you so much,"

"It's okay Kim, you helped me too," he replied, tilting his head back a little. She felt a warm feeling inside her, filling her heart with satisfaction. She lightly rested her chin on his shoulder while making sure it wasn't obvious to him.

Her fingertips delicately touched his shirt on the sides. His cologne and a hint of alcohol mixed together, mesmerizing her to an extent she forgot they were nearing the hospital soon.

It brought back memories of her dream of a few days ago. Taehyung there in her dream was scary, but this Taehyung gave her a sense of comfort and delight.

They had only begun to become a little more than just a casual friend. They had almost grown to a level where they would tell each other secrets and have fun together.

But that time had not arrived, for them to spend time alone casually as friends did.

"Kim? We're here," he woke her up from her thoughts. "Oh. Yeah, sorry" she got off the bike, waiting for him to come along.