27

"What's wrong? You've got bags under your eyes," Jun asked Taehyung as they were sitting in the bus going to the neighbour University for the quiz.

"Just had a bad night, but i slept pretty well i think," he answered and their conversation went on as guys would do usually. Esther and Jennie sat together listening to music and revising they're subjects, while Riwan was attempting to convince the principal for another day off tomorrow.

"Sir! We have done weeks of practice for this, we deserve a day off for ourselves please!" Riwan asked him repeatedly.  Principal tired of his blabbering, decided to give them an off tomorrow.

This was a good start to motivate them to do their best. They all set off to give their all to win the quiz and bring home a trophy for Principal Templeton.

"I hope all your dates come handy today, Kims!" Principal have a special kind of good luck to them and left to meet other principal friends he had from the town.

"Ready to rock it guys? Let's go!" Riwan threw his hands up and leaded them into the event.

Each of the five were assigned different rooms for their respective subjects, hence they started to divide. Just as Jennie was about to leave, Taehyung caught her hand, making her turn around.

"If i win this, you know it's because you helped me right?" He said, his eyes soft and dreamy. "No, it's because you were willing to learn to do it," she reversed the credits to him. "Okay then, do i get a reward for that?" He questioned, taking her by surprise.

"I mean, you deserve it. So why not? What do you prefer?" Her acceptance was unsure since it could be a lot of things that he could utter.

"You give me what i want, if i top that stupid scoreboard," He stated. He was firm about it. His voice said it all. Jennie hesitated for a second before agreeing to him.

The next second after approval, the two walked their own ways. There was still time before the quiz could start uniformly.

The entries had been made and verification of candidates was also completed, the quiz began...

The clock hands slowly moved indicating the time passed. Everyone at the event became busy, noise increasing along.

~ (about 2h later)

"Good Afternoon dear participants, teachers and supervisor. Now the time has come to announce the winners of today's quiz competition! Hold your breaths while we prepare your leaderboards to be declared!" The anchor spoke in the mic, his voice echoing the auditorium.

Here, Jun, Esther, Jennie, Riwan and Taehyung sat together beside each other respectively. Principal Templeton sat away from the students but also had an eye on them.

Time to time, students screaming their friend's names could be heard as for the winners. This fired up the impatient atmosphere in all the people seated in the auditorium.

Eventually, the announcement of the winners begun with everyone on the edge of their seats.

"Physics, First place, Sierra Howman!
Second place, Sihyun Kwon!
Third Place, Gary Vincent!".....

The list went on for different subjects. Next came geography.

"Geography! First place, Janet Fey!
Second place, Jun Hwang!
Third place, Amy Lee!"

Right after the announcement, Esther jumped into Jun's arms, hugging him in delight. "We did it!!!" She screamed in his face, extremely elated.

The two jumped together while the other three were also happy but enjoyed the view of the two more.