11

James

I wake with a stiff neck and painfully achy back as I go to stretch out in the chair I feel asleep in.
There was no way I wasn't sleeping in this chair as I wanted to be close incase they needed anything in the night.

Between them they were only sick a couple of times.
Stretching out my aching muscles I rub a hand over my face trying to shake off my tiredness, coffee is going to be my best friend today.

It's Saturday and normally I go into the office for a couple of hours but not today, work can wait I need to make sure these two are taken care of.

"Did you sleep there all night?" I hear Lily's sleepy voice and look over to the bed.
Her emerald eyes locking with mine.

Fuck she breathtaking, her hair fanning over the pillow.
I instantly picture her hair fanning over my pillow as I worship every inch of her glorious body.

Now is not the time to be sporting a hard on that won't be easily concealed in my sweat pants.

I try and subtly adjust myself before replying.
God I hope she doesn't think I'm some creep who sat and watched her sleep all night.

"I wanted to make sure you and Ruby were okay. I was scared you might be sick in your sleep" it's mostly the truth.

"I thought I dreamed someone rubbing my back while I was sick but that was you wasn't it" her cheeks turning red of embarrassment.

"It was" I can't help but smile at her.
"Jwames" Ruby cheers when she wakes up and sees me in the room.

"How you feeling?" I ask both of them.
"I've felt better" Lily admits.
She still looks a little pale.

"Better" Ruby smiles and I grab the thermometer and pass it Lily to check her temperature.

The machine lights up green indicating her temperature is back to normal.
"How about some toast?" I ask.

"Wiv choc spread?" Ruby asks giving me puppy dog eyes.
"How about plain toast first and see how you get on with that" Lily replies and Ruby frowns.

I'm glad she replied because I probably would've given, I've realised I'm weak when it comes to her pleading eyes which is how she almost ended up with one of everything from the zoo gift shop.
Thankfully Lily is almost immune to them and stood strong.

Ruby jumps out of bed and grabs my hand pulling me towards the door.
My heart skips a beat and I look to see Lily fighting a smile from her face but she looks tired still.

"Go back to sleep I will look after Ruby" I say and she gives me an unsure look.

"We will be fine" I try and reassure her and she has a moment of doubt.
"Momma we fine" Ruby repeats going up to kiss her mom on the forehead.
"Okay but wake me if you need me" she kisses Ruby's head before she nods at me and snuggles back into the duvet.

Ruby is back by my side and tugging on my arm as we make our way out of the bedroom.
"So what princess movie do you want to watch today" I ask as we make our way to the kitchen.

"Hmm" she puts her hand on her hip and taps her finger against her chin and I can't help but hold in a laugh.
"Moana" she finally shouts with a smile on her face.

"Okay some toast first then Moana" guess I'm going to be educated in Disney Princess films.
"Wiv choc?" She asks trying her luck.
"You heard your mom kid plain toast" I try my hardest to stay strong when she pouts.