C H A P T E R : 7

Jk pov

I can't say that I hate Mondays, still, the workload I had today was hectic and that made me exhausted. The meeting went longer than I expected and all the while I had to pay attention to each and every minute details and suggestions, got involved in some discussion, suggest new ideas and come up with certain solutions and plans.

Of course, my client was contented with our professional hospitality and the way we organized everything, be it our presentation or our coordination and I'm thankful to my talented employees who made this meeting a successful one which left us with a great impression.

Seeing Mr. Mathew stand up with a smile plastered on his face, I stood up too and saw his secretary handing him a document. I saw him signing the papers and once he was done with it, he looked up and exclaimed with a smile, "I'm happy to announce that we are willing to work with JK corporates as I'm well impressed with your works. "

Listening to this, I was happy because I had worked tirelessly to prepare for this meeting, pushing myself to the limit over the weekend to ensure everything was organized and planned accordingly.

Despite the initial hardships, I had faced, I had emerged stronger and more resilient, ready to face whatever lay ahead. Even if I were to face rejection, I knew I had built strong ties with companies that I could count on.
That's when loud applauses and cheers reverberated throughout our conference room bringing me out of my thoughts. I think I zone out often these days.

Every employees present there were happy, but suddenly my eyes roamed around the room as if it had a mind of it's own and soon it landed on Ms. Kim. Today she had a very big role in Ms. Erin's absence, but I must appreciate the fact that she nailed it. After all I know her potential and capabilities, so I'm not much surprised, still that's appreciable.

Her happiness was so genuine and that reflected on her face. I saw her clapping and had one of the calmest and beautiful smile that adorned on her face. I must say that her smile, her talks and her attitude along with an attractive personality and look are the valuable treasures she owns and the person who gets to protect those will be the real man which unfortunately I couldn't be.

I didn't know that with a simple glance of her can make me oblivious of my surroundings and it suddenly pushed me into a trance where I can feel only my rhythmic calm heart beat. Indeed sometimes I feel she does affect me how she used to, but I shouldn't be caught in my past and embrace the new me and the new life I have or say I chose.

Despite my efforts to remain cold and detached, I couldn't help but feel a stirring in my heart as I gazed at her. She had affected me in the past, and I could feel those emotions bubbling to the surface again. But I knew that I couldn't let my past dictate my present and future. Remaining heartless is always better than living with a heart full of remorse, regret, memories and guilt.

I was still looking at her direction, unfortunately catching her attention. She didn't bother to look away, instead she smiled widely at me and mouthed 'congratulations Mr. Jeon'. I nodded my head in acknowledgement, still unable to tear my gaze away from her. She was the only one who could make me feel human, even though I tried to maintain a professional relationship with everyone, and as the cold boss I'm, no one will ever have a causual conversation with me.

That's when I noticed Mr. Mathew pulled me into a hug which showed our willingness and coorporation. I too hugged him back and pulled away.
After making sure that we are into this dream project and are ready to collaborate, Mr. Mathew forwarded those papers to me which he already signed. I accepted it and went through each pages, just in case.