Wish

I was sitting in the car with my best friend, Brady as he drove us to a party. It was to celebrate their volleyball victories. Some of Brady's friends were going to be their as well as their girlfriends whom I get along with just fine.

It didn't take me long to realize that the car had stopped to a sudden halt. Brady looked at me "Are you okay? You ready?" He asked, with a smile. He was so sweet. "Yeah." "Okay." He got out of the car, walking to open the door for me. "Thank you." Pecking his cheek.

He grabbed my hand, leading me to the house. In which reeked of beer and blasting music. When we walked in one of his friends came up to us.

"Yoo whats up Brady! So good to see you" he was beginning to get to that drunken stage, I greeted him with a smile.

"Yo what's up man" Brady said, dabbing him up.

"Come on grab a drink because tonight is going to be lit, Melanie you too." I chuckled, grabbing Brady's arm.

Me and Brady grabbed our drinks, walking around. I was going to wait for Brady's friends that way I can leave his side and go find my one of friends. I didn't really want to leave him alone. Luckily one of his friends came up to him and talked while I just listened in the conversation. As soon as they we're done talking, Brady slightly nudged me.

"Are you okay? You haven't said much." He said wrapping his arm around my waist. "Nope I'm fine." I smiled.

It wasn't long till Connor showed up with his girlfriend. Me and his girlfriend, Julia were friends so I finally had someone to hangout with. We decided to hangout with some of our other friends that were starting to show up so I told Brady I was going.

"Hey Brady me and Julia are going to go hangout with a few friends I'll be outside."

"Okay just text me if you need me, and please me safe."

I smiled, grabbing Julia's hand, leading her outside. That way I didn't lose her to the crowd.

A few hours

We were sitting a this table outside drinking, just talking to each other. All the while people were dancing, getting naked, doing just crazy random stuff. It was all too much. When one of Brady's friends came up to me and Julia.

"Hey so Brady and Connor are like really drunk and I think it would be best if you guys took them home." He said leaving.

Me and Julia turned to look at each other and said bye to our friends. We walked through the house filled with people trying to find both the boys. We found them chugging a beer with their friends cheering them on. I went and got Brady while Julia got Connor.

"Ooooh h-eyyy melanieee." Brady said, with his words slurring.

"Hi Brady." "Where are we g-going?" "Home." "But I don't want to go." He frowned. "Mmhmm." I hummed.

Julia assured me she'd take Connor to her house and I told her I would take Brady back to his and Connors house. I placed Brady in the front seat making sure he was okay while I got his keys and got in the drivers seat. I started driving to Brady's house. Looking over Brady every few seconds, making sure he didn't fall asleep. I didn't really have the energy to drag him inside.

A few minutes later and I pulled up to his house. I was thankful that his parents weren't home. They had gone to a trip somewhere. I turned to Brady cupping his cheek, making sure he was doing okay.

"I d-don't feeel good melannie." Brady said, grabbing my hand. I got Brady out of the car and into the house. I managed to get him up the stairs and into his room, somehow. Gently plopping him down onto his bed.

After taking off his shoes and making him change into a pair of sweatpants and a random shirt I picked out in his drawer. I laid him down, finding a blanket, covering him since it gets cold during the night. Quickly grabbing a bottle of water setting it down next to him, getting ready to leave to go home.

"Me-laniee" he slurred up before I walked out his door. "Hmm." "Don't leave me, stay." "Brady I can't. You know that, I have t-" "please stay. Don't go." "Fine." I said giving up.

I sat on the edge where he laid and looked at him. I sighed taking of my heels, relief taking over me. I got up grabbing one of his t-shirts and a pair of sweatpants that I had at his house and went into the bathroom, changing. I came out, placing my dress on top of his drawer and laid in bed beside him. It was never really weird we were best friends and sleeping in the same bed for years. It still felt the same, nothing was really different. Other than the fact that he's drunk.

I was debating wether to put my hair back in a bun but I was too tired. So I decided to leave my ironed curls loose, slowly closing my eyes.

"You're really beautiful. Melanie." He softly whispered.

"Thank you Brady." I smiled at him. He smiled back, looking at me. "I love you Melanie." "I love you too Brady."

Me and Brady always shared compliments and I love you. It really wasn't nothing new. We have been friends since we we're in preschool. It never came to a point where it was weird or anything. I knew he meant it in a friend way but I wanted it to be something more than that.

"N-no Melanie I m-mean it. I love you a lot and I think your really pretty. Too pretty to be dating the guys that you do. I think you should give me a chance and be mine." He said slurring his words just like before.

I gave him the sympathetic look, waiting till he doze off. "I wish that's how you felt everyday."

1033 wordsI apologize for the long wait, thank you for being patient

1033 words
I apologize for the long wait, thank you for being patient. A bit rushed.