You're undeniable

I walked towards my locker, minding my own business, thinking about stuff. It was ironic the fact that I hated him. I hated how he was around her. I hated how she got to be the one to laugh and joke around him. It's not fair. For the past years he told me he liked me. Me.

But it doesn't matter, I don't like him anymore so he can have the chase because I am done chasing.

"Hi Melanie." My best friend Alexa came up to me with a smile. "Hi Alexa." I sighed with a small smile. I grabbed my textbook for my class, looking at her. "What?" I said annoyed. "Nothing." She scowled. "I'm sorry lex. I'm just not in the mood but it doesn't mean I don't want to be around you." I grinned.

"It's fine, I get it." She smiled. I closed my locker, walking to my next class. "Come on were going to be late." I said turning to her. "Mhm." She smiled

"How are things with you know who?" "I'm not sure. But I don't think I want anything to do with him anymore." We were then stopped when he came up to us. "Hi Melanie. Hi Alexa." He smiled. But I only looked at him sternly. "Hi." I blurted. "Hi Brady." Alexa said.

"Yeah so we've got to get to class soo...." I pushed past him along with Alexa. "Don't you think that was a bit insensitive?" She said. "What? he was dating some random and now that they broke up he thinks that we can just be friends again? No way. He was insensitive for treating me as one of his sides." "I think you both should just grow up and talk things out."

"I have to get to class, I'll see you later lex." I said.
___________

"Hey so listen, I'm sorry about earlier and your right. Maybe me and Brady should talk things out." I said as I had found Alexa during our lunch break. We decided to just go out and get some sandwiches or something from a coffee shop. "It's okay Melanie. Look you're my best friend but Brady's my friend too and I know he wouldn't hurt you or anyone on purpose. Talk to him whenever your ready. No rush." She smiled.

"Okay, good." I pulled up on the parking lot for the coffee. We both ordered our food and waited. It wasn't long when I glanced at Alexa looking at something, following her eyes I became agitated. It was pretty embarrassing. Me and Alexa looked at each other. She raised her eyebrows at me which meant that she wanted me to talk to him.

"Now?" I whisper shouted. As if on que the lady that worked here called out our orders. "Oh well would you look at that, I'll wait for you in the car." She said, grabbing her food and leaving me.

I sighed, walking towards the counter with my food, grabbing a few napkins on the way. "Hi Melanie." He said, placing his hands on the counter. I looked up at him with a small smile. Maybe Alexa is right.

"Hi Brady." I said. "Where's Alexa?" "She left me." I whispered. "As if." "Shes in the car, waiting." I pointed. "Well you better get going then." "Yeah." As I was leaving he grabbed my arm. "I was wondering what you were going to do this weekend?" "Mhm. And what about your girlfriend?"

"Umm we broke up." "Uh huh. So you guys broke up?" "Yeah." "And you're single now and you want to know what I'm going to do this weekend." "Yes." "Mmm so she dumps you and you think you can come to me and I'd still be interested in you?" "No you're right. What I did wasn't right and I'm sorry." "Yeah and you should be you dick. You made me think that you actually had feelings for me and yet you decided to date some random chick without telling me anything. Ass face."

I grabbed my stuff, leaving.

I opened the car door, getting in. "How did it go?" She asked, her voice laced with worry. "good." I sighed. Taking a sip of my matcha latte. "What did you say to him?" She shouted. "What makes you think I said anything bad?" I asked, offended.

She gave me an 'are you serious' look, gesturing towards the coffee shop. I turned to see Brady upset. He had his arms crossed with a frown on his face.

"I didn't say anything wrong. Now let's get back to school." I started the car, driving back.

On our way their, I turned to look at Alexa to see her somewhat disappointment. Which made me recall to what I was saying earlier. Did I really hate him? Or did I hate the fact that I still liked him? Maybe I did but if I was going to talk to him it was only going to be to make Alexa happy.

As soon as we got out of the car, I grabbed onto Alexa's arm. "Wait Alexa...why is it so important to you? that me and Brady talk things out." I curiously asked. "I don't know because you're both my friends and I wanted you guys together."

I pulled her in for a hug. I didn't know what I would do without her.

"Aww Mel...I know you still like him." She blurted."Maybe." "After school you want to go to the mall?" She asked with a huge smile. "Of course." I smiled, kissing her cheek. It really wasn't weird, she was used to it and we've been best friends since we were eight. We do everything together.

__________

I grabbed my purse as I was headed out to go to the mall with Alexa, like she suggested.

"Bye Mami I'll see you later okay?" "Okay, be safe." She hugged me, pecking my cheek as I did the same. "I love you." "I love you too baby."

The minute I came outside I came face to face with Brady and not Alexa. Although the car that was parked was Alexa's. That's when I noticed her in the car, smiling at me.

I looked at him in awe. He was so cute and I just wanted to tell him how I felt but I couldn't.

He stood their with a bouquet of red roses. I crossed my arms walking up to him.

"What's are you doing?" I asked. "This is an apology, okay?" He handed me the roses to which I took. "Are you bribing me or what is this?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "Just hear me out okay?" I glared at him. "It's not like now that me and Madison broke up I'm now choosing you." I sighed, annoyed. "Okay? Because the whole reason that we broke up is because for me...it's always been you Melanie." I looked up at him with a sympathy.

"It's always been you. I've tried to ignore it and I've tried to deny it and I can't. I can't do it. You're undeniable." "Really? Oh my goodness I feel bad. I'm so sorry for saying all that horrible stuff I said back at the coffee shop and at sch-" Brady crashed his lips onto mine, kissing me. It took me a second to kiss him back but I did any way, cupping his cheek.

I only needed him.

His hands slid down my waist pulling me closer to him. After a few I pulled away leaning my forehead against his as I pecked his lips one more time. "Did she ask you to do this?" I asked. "No. I did this for me. But I did ask for her help." He smiled.

"Can we go to the mall now? I'm craving pizza bites." Alexa shouted with a smile on her face.

" Alexa shouted with a smile on her face

1302 words