I was all over her

I stared at my clock that was placed neatly on my nightstand. My head resting on my hand, finding a comfortable spot.

I was way too infatuated with him. 

My legs are restless, eyes sore and heavy. Sometimes It's so irritating. Mostly because of school. But that was the least of my worries right now. It was one of those nights where you toss and turn in bed trying to fall asleep, but it's like your mind or body doesn't allow you to. You just lay there and think. You think about every single possible thing that is going on in your life. Or maybe you don't and you end up reminiscing.

Please just let me sleep.

I closed my eyes, my hopes for falling asleep. But that was soon broken when I heard my phone buzz, from my nightstand. I sighed, grabbing my phone. A text from Brady.

Gosh, Brady. Where to start. All I know is that I was completely in love with him. It's crazy, he's my best friend since we were little. But somehow he makes me feel in a way I have never felt before. And I'm serious. But he doesn't know that, he doesn't need to. Lately I've been kind of distancing myself from him but I make sure he doesn't become too suspicious of it.

I stared at the message on my Lock Screen which said 'hi ma, are you awake?' He always called me that only in a friend way. I Debated whether to answer or just leave it. I decided against it.

I opened my phone going into our messages.

Brady🦖🤍

Brady🦖🤍
Hi ma, are you awake?

Me:
Hi, yeah I'm awake.

Brady🦖🤍
Sorry did I wake you, I didn't think you would be awake.

Me:
And you still texted?

Brady🦖🤍
Yeah? I kind of miss you, lol.

Me:
Aww I miss you too bray:) I've just been busy with school

Brady🦖🤍
Good, good. But how come you're still awake? You couldn't sleep?

Me:
No, you?

Brady🦖🤍
Nah.

Me:
I know it's like super late but do you want to come with me somewhere? Or something.

Brady🦖🤍
Why not? I would go anywhere with you. Wanna go to the beach?

Me:
Of course! I'll meet you there, okay?

Brady🦖🤍
Okay ma.

I unplugged my phone form the nightstand, quickly putting on my shoes as I was comfy in my clothes but made sure my long hair wasn't messy. Doing my best to be as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake my mom up. I didn't want to disturb her, she's been working a lot, I try to take as many shifts so she doesn't have to.

I got in my car, driving to the beach. What was I doing? As I pulled up in the parking lot, I took one last look in the rear view mirror making sure I still looked fine. I grabbed my phone and car keys, looking for Brady.

When I spotted him standing with his phone in his hand and the other in the pocket of his pjs. Even with his pjs he still looked handsome. I smiled when he looked up from his phone, looking at me. I felt at ease when I saw him smile as I approached.

"I like your pjs." I sneered, pushing him playfully. "Shut up." He laughed.

"So why couldn't you sleep?" I asked, walking towards the beach when he followed closely behind.

"Mmm I just couldn't, I guess I just wasn't tired." He lied. "You?" "Just school."

We both sat down, talking about life. And for the longest time I finally felt good. I didn't have worries, I didn't have stress, all of it was gone. It was still their but I wasn't thinking about them.

"Are you serious?" I laughed, looking at him. "Well obviously I felt bad afterwards." He playfully rolled his eyes. "What? You blamed me when my mom asked you." I smiled, raising my eyebrows. Brady and I were relieving the moment where he purposely drowned me in the pool when we were little.

"I panicked, okay?" He smiled, scooting closer to me. I giggled, looking at him when I fiddled with my fingers.

It was quiet for a few when Brady spoke. "How is your mom? I need to see her, I miss her." He smiled.

I slightly smiled. I didn't know whether to tell him or lie. But I couldn't, I couldn't lie to him anymore.

My throat began to sting as I tried so hard to not burst into tears. As I was too embarrassed. But it was too late when they slipped down my cheeks.

"Melanie?" Brady looked at me, worried. I kept my face hidden from him, when he grabbed my face, making me look at him.

"She's not okay, Brady." I lightly sobbed. He wiped my tears with his thumb. I looked up at him, hesitantly but gently caressed his cheek, my thumb gliding over his lip when I kissed him. I knew I was going to regret it later but I did anyway.

It felt right but I was scared. I was scared that if I grew attached to him that he would leave.

He kissed me back, gently pushing my hair out of the way. It's when I realized how wrong this was. I paused, leaning my forehead against his. The thought of hurting him breaking me.

I caressed his cheek, comfortadly. "I'm sorry Brady." I whispered. He left a breath out as he smiled at me, looking at me.

"You're sorry? I'm not Melanie. For the longest time I have been wanting to do that. I like you Melanie a lot. I was scared to tell you because I didn't want you to leave. I love you Melanie." He confessed.

I pecked his lips. The feeling of him is all I really needed.

"I like you too Brady. I like you a lot and I love you so much." I said.

"I've always like you Melanie so that's why I want you to know that I'm always here for you no matter what. Whatever your mom is going through we will figure it out. Together." He said.

I sniffled, nodding. "I've always loved you Brady and I always will." I said leaning my forehead against his when I laid my head on his shoulder. He kissed my head, wrapping his arms around me.

All Brady could remember was that he was all over her and so was she.

1083 words