Spark

I woke up doing my daily routine. Although I woke up pretty tired, on top of that I had to work in a few hours. Around six before leaving for work I said bye to my mom.

"Don't wait up for me mom, I think I might come home late." I sighed, pecking her cheek.

"Again? Melanie I appreciate you for what you have done for us both but you should get some rest, please. I don't want you out late, it's not safe." "Mom don't worry I'll be fine." I grabbed my purse on the way out.

"Fine just please be safe. I love you." "I love you mom." I drove to work, and finished my job as a waitress. By the time I got home it was around ten. I unlocked the door to the apartment to be greeted with my mom slumped on the chair. I smiled, and decided to wake her up and let her know I was home. I gently placed her on the bed, making sure she was comfortable. "I love you mom." I whispered, hoping she heard me but I knew she didn't.

I made sure not to wake her up on the way out. I sighed plopping down on my bed, unpinning my hair from the bun. I decided to finish my homework from school. Grabbing my laptop, a message popped up on my screen. I realized it was a message from vogue modeling. I had applied for a spot, I thought why not? When I was younger my mom had placed me into a few modelings and I really enjoyed it and I want to get back into it.

Never in my life had I felt scared. But I was pretty confident on my chances although I did have some doubts. Now more than ever this message was going to depend on my life. I clicked on the message and read it out loud.

"Hello Melanie Perez,

We got the chance to look at your application and your modeling. We are so glad that you chose us, you're an outstanding young lady. We would love to inform you that we have no hesitation in accepting Melanie Perez for the modeling agency."

I re-read the message just in case I read that incorrectly. "No hesitation in accepting Melanie Perez for the modeling agency." I squealed. "You and a few other young ladies will be the next new comers. You all have a lot to learn and to yet be the next of modeling. Please message us back if you accept this offer and we will come back to shortly with details. In all regards vogue modeling." I finished reading.

"Mami!" I whispered shouted as I opened the bedroom door. "What? What happened Melanie?" "Mami I got into vogue!" She opened her eyes full of excitement while she brought me into a tight hug. "Oh my goodness! I'm so happy for you Melanie!" She said caressing my cheek. "I'm so proud of you Melanie."

This was an amazing opportunity for me, I'm not only doing this for me but for my mom. I was happy because she was going to be their for me. She will be able to go to New York City with me. I knew I wouldn't be alone.

A few month

These past couple of months have been amazing. I got the opportunity to meet new people. Today was going to be my final day in New York. I had a huge runaway show today and I was very nervous. I have spent all this time training for this. Obviously my mom was very supportive. She was their and it's all I needed. I made sure to get plenty of rest the day before and taking a few naps.

It was a few hours before the show and I decided to spend some quality time with mom since I didn't really get to these past few. I headed towards the venue, barely getting out of the shower, throwing a random comfy outfit.

"I'll see you their mom, okay? I love you." She grabbed my hands caressing it, when she pulled in for a hug. "I love you and I'll see you their." "Will you be okay?" "Of course, now go."

I smiled at her, pecking her cheek.

__________

'Please god don't let me fail' I breathed. We had been at the venue for a while now and they were about to start on my hair and makeup. We had done another rehearsal and everything started to kick in. I sat down on the chair which I was taken to and artists started doing my makeup and hair. Everyone had at least three outfits which they were displaying tonight. The theme was early 2000s and from the fittings, I thought that everything I was going to be wearing was amazing.