Hugs, kisses, and bandaids

This short story contains some physical abuse so if you're not comfortable with that don't read❤️

Bradys point of view

"Have you seen Melanie yet?" Connor asked me driving us to get something to eat along with a few of our other friends. I turned to look at him and he seemed pretty worried from his facial expression. Seeing him like this made me feel more worried about her than I already was. I was beginning to get impatient.

"No why?" "I don't know dude I have a feeling she's not okay. She hasn't answered any of my texts." He said keeping his eyes on the road. "Why? Is it because of Braden?" "I just never trusted him. I mean have you seen the way he treats her." "I know but we can't do anything remember what happened that one time."

He gave me a look full of sympathy

I gave him a reassuring smile with a small pat on the back that way he could ease up a tad. I was worried about her just as much as he was.

"What I don't understand is why haven't you told her that you like her?" I shot up my eyebrow confused as what he was talking about.

"What do you mean?" He chuckled taking a quick turn. "You know hat I mean. You've been crushing on her since first grade. And you somehow still haven't fessed up." "Your crazy. Even if I did like her which I don't she is with Braden and you know that."

Connor sighed continuing on our drive

__________

We were on our way in the restaurant and I just hoped I would get to see Melanie. Considering she was our friend. I had texted her last night but I never really heard from her back. In fact she wasn't on any of her socials as usual. I found it odd that she hasn't seen or replied the entire day.

When we got closer to the booth I could see both Braden and Melanie. They were talking to each other however she gave the impression of being upset not only that but she was also wearing a black turtle neck with a gray sweater and jeans. I found it weird because it was pretty hot outside despite it being the evening.

They turned their attention towards us as we approached them.

"Connor what's up it's so good to see you man." Braden smiled dapping him up. "I'm glad you guys could make it." Connor said smiling

"Brady hey." "What's up Braden." I lazily smiled. As much as I didn't like the guy he was still my friend.

I went up to me Melanie giving her a small hug when she winced in pain.

"You good?" I asked her concerned. She looked down for a minute before meeting my eyes. She shyly smiled. "I'm just sore from cheer practice." "You sure?" She hummed nodding.

We all sat down waiting for a few more friends and when they arrived we ordered our food and enjoyed our meal.

From time to time Melanie would glance at me sometimes smiling at me of which I happily returned but during all this time I have come to notice she looked a bit different. She was thinner her hair got longer and lighter and she was a bit pale. Regardless she still looked beautiful.

Most of us started leaving since it was getting late.

"Bye Brady, I'll see you later Connor." Melanie said hugging us before leaving.