Always and forever

I was at my boyfriends house. We had just finished dinner. When a sudden shiver went up my spine. Being a tad cold, it was that time of year all over again. Certainly it being November. Already. As of now the tress stood their frozen, little snowflakes covering the leaves. Mornings seeming as how it was late.

However, it was almost time for me to start heading home. Although I decided I wanted to help Bradys mom with the dishes. Not everyone has the time to do everything, especially not on their own. She sometimes looked tired and I felt bad for her.

I pulled up my sleeves as I turned on the water to warm. Damping the sponge in both the dish soap and water. Lathering on the dirty plates. I smiled at the memory of how my grandma taught me from a young age. Always washing dishes together. it doesn't sound as fun but she always put an effort. Making the most out of it. Except now it's not as fun as it used to be. Not without her.

"Brady are you done?" I turned around to look at Brady as he was approaching me. "Yeah." He smiled. "Okay, here give it to me." extending my arm out, reaching for his dirty plate. "Thank you." He smiled as he came up behind me, hugging me from my waist. His arms wrapping around me.

I smiled, softly giggling. "What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing." He replied. Resting his chin on my shoulder. I laughed as his breath hit my neck which made it ticklish for me. "Here let me help." His hands slid down my waist as he grabbed one of the plates from me. "Here. You can dry them up as I finish washing them."

"Okay." He laughed. "Hows your mom doing? Is she doing better?" I asked pretty worried about her. "Yeah she's actually doing better. Me and Connor have been helping more around." "That's good. I'm glad she's doing better."

Thinking back throughout my life, that memory that was hard to even forget.

"Remember when she used to take us to the movie every week?" I laughed, grateful for her. "Oh yeah I remember! We could not stop watching the ninja turtles." "I liked Donatello, they all are amazing characters but I think I like Donatello more." I smiled.

"Well I totally disagree, I think the best character is Raphael." "Like I said they are all amazing characters." leaning closer to him. He grinned at me as he grabbed my jaw, kissing me. I laughed through the kiss as I kissed back.

"Ugh ew can you guys do that somewhere else." Connor out of nowhere said, his face in disgust. Both me and Brady pulled apart, turning to look at him. I looked at Brady smiling at him. He nodded, smiling back at me.

I kissed Brady again just to bother Connor. "Muah." "Come on guys." "You do it with Layla, stop being a child." "Well I'm sorry but I don't want to see my brother and his girlfriend making out." I laughed as I handed Brady another plate.

"Fine, sorry Connor." I apologized. "Mhm...oh yeah Xochitl wanted me to ask you guys if you wanted to get together?" Connor asked, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.

I looked at Brady, nodding at him. "Sure. That sounds good." He said.

"Alright. I'm going up to my room." "Okay." "Okay." Connor was actually funny and a very good friend of mine. Connor was like a brother to me. Whenever I couldn't tell anyone about anything I knew I could tell him and trust him.

In all honesty I was glad I got the chance to be friends with him.

As we were about done doing the dishes Brady pecked my lips.

"I love you so much Melanie. Always and forever." He blurted. I looked at him, feeling nothing but absolute speechless. It was just random.

I smiled at him in awe. Falling more in love with him each second. This man is for me. I just want him and only him. I crave him more than anything. No one has my attention like he does. He showed me what love should be like. He is without a doubt my other half.

He held onto my waist, pulling me closer to him. I softly placed my hand on his jaw my thumb moving smoothly over his soft freckles. I couldn't help but smile at him. Completely sealing the space between us.

"Always and forever, Brady. I don't know what I'd do without you. I'm nothing without you Brady." I smiled. He looked at me with his eyes filled with sweetness.

And just like that all my worries and my problems were just gone. Not existing. All because of Brady. 

798 words

798 words