Brothers best friend

I nibbled on my lip, completely spaced out. Not realizing my little sister was talking to me. "What?" I asked. Turning to look at her as she laid down on my bed, drawing on her book.

"Are you going to wear you pjs?" "No of course not." I replied.

I stood up walking towards my mirror, staring at my reflection. I had done my makeup and hair. I just haven't changed, my outfit being already picked out from last night. I decided to wear a simple silver slip on dress since it was summer.

I fixed my curly hair, before opening my drawer. Setting the slip on dress on the bed.

"I'm really excited to see Brady." "You are?" I smiled. "Yes." She giggled, excited. Valentina was like my best friend. I always told her everything. She's the only person I could really count on and trust. I don't know what I would do without her.

"Aww." "Are you excited to see him too?" "Umm yeah, yes I am." I am all because I missed him. In the beginning of summer I liked him a lot and I think he did to. I couldn't keep denying it. We shared a few kisses including some make out sessions. I thought he would text me. But he never did.

"I think you like Brady?" She smirked at me, looking at me with her eyebrows raised. "What? I don't like him. He's Preston's best friend." She was right, I did like him but I couldn't. "So?"

I giggled taking off my red silky robe, slipping on my silver dress.

"How do I look?" "Wow Melanie you look really pretty." Valentina grinned.

"Thank you." I sat on my bed grabbing my shoes putting them on.

"When I grow up I want to look like you." She blurted.

I kneeled down on the edge of the bed. Grabbing her hand. "But you already are beautiful. More beautiful than ever." Valentina had beautiful brown doe eyes, with short pin straight hair, tan skin, long lashes, full lips and she really was beautiful.

She laughed, hugging me as she pecked my cheek. I laughed hugging her tightly when Preston, my brother came barging in.

"Preston!" Valentina yelled out of excitement as she held her hands out to him, reaching for him.

"Val!" He hugged her, carrying her.

He started covering her with kisses all over her face, causing her to squirm and laugh. I smiled at the two.

"Stop, Preston." He stopped looking at me with a look. I nodded understanding what he was going with. He gently dunked her on the bed as we tickled her. She burst out laughing.

"No stop. Melanie no. Preston." I laughed hysterically as it was contagious.

When we heard the doorbell.

"Preston, please get the door for me." My mom shouted as she was finishing getting ready.

"Coming." He shouted back, ruffling Valentinas hair smiling before he left.

"Come on. Let's go. Brady's here and Connor ." I told her. She held my hand as she guided me downstairs.

"Yay! Connor and Brady!" As we came closer to the further steps I spotted Brady. He was pretty tan that made his freckles more visible it was a good different it looked good on him. He still looked very handsome.