ONE

"you know what would be so fun?" josephine abbot asked her best friend, kennedy rhodes, one day after they were finishing up a photoshoot.

kennedy rolled her eyes, "if it has anything to do with going to see your boyfriend race, i'm going to say no." she told the brunette.

josephine, or josie for short, just sighed, "but kenny boo! it would be so fun!"

"getting to watch you and lewis be all lovely dovey with each other? count me out." kennedy snorted.

"don't forget that was you a couple years ago." josie reminded her.

"don't remind me of him." she told her friend as they grabbed their bags.

josie just laughed, "you were the one to end things with him kens!" she exclaimed.

the two walked out into the misty london air, heading to their shared apartment.

when kennedy started modeling, josie took the younger woman under her wing and they were inseparable ever since.

"i think we should go to the gym tonight." kennedy said as they got to their apartment.

josie just grinned, "i'll go if you agree to go to australia with me!" she laughed.

kennedy just shook her head and smiled, "do we have any shoots that week?" she asked, actually debating the idea.

"nope!" josie called out as kennedy headed into her room.

the woman was at a crossroads, she wanted to go as she did love seeing lewis, who she considered an older brother, but she didn't want to catch sight of george russell, her ex boyfriend. who was also lewis' teammate.

"c'mon kens! lewis misses you! and i'm sure george wouldn't mind seeing you either!" josie grinned, standing in the doorway.

kennedy just sighed, knowing she would regret this decision, "fine. let me look at flights and hotels."

josie just gave a shout of happiness, "finally! it's been too long since you went to a race! and don't worry about flights or anything, i booked them already!"

kennedy just rolled her eyes, of course. that's totally something josie would do.

"when do we leave?" kennedy asked and josie grinned.

"three days! better start packing!" she cackled, rushing off to her room to call her boyfriend and tell him the good news.

kennedy just sighed, going to her desk to email her manager.

she told him her plan, letting him know she would be going to australia and wouldn't be available for any extra shoots he wanted her to do.

her manager, nico, responded pretty fast, letting her know he was happy she was taking a little vacation and telling her to have fun.

kennedy sighed as she shut down her computer, knowing there was no getting out of going.

"hey, i'm going to bring an extra mercedes jacket for you, just bring your hat and whatever else you want." josie said, stepping into the younger womans room.

"perfect, thank you." kennedy replied, nodding her head at her roommate.

josie grinned as she walked out of the room, her boyfriend on the phone with her, telling the woman how excited he was that they two models got to come out to australia.

she was excited to go to the race. her and lewis had been dating for a couple of years now but it was always so exciting to see him in his element.

soon enough, the three days came around and the two models stood in the australian airport, looking around for lewis.

"jo!" they heard and turned to see the british racer jogging towards them.

josie just smiled and left her suitcase next to kennedy's, meeting him in the middle for a hug and a romantic kiss, like something out of a movie.

kennedy just watched them with a small smile on her face.

she loved watching the two together, it made her realize maybe romance isn't dead.

"kenny! come here!" lewis called with a massive smile on his face.

kennedy smiled, bringing the bags over and joining in on the couples hug.

the trio broke from their hug, catching up as they made their way to lewis' car.

"so, how's london treating you ladies?" lewis asked the women, both having different reactions.

"i love it!" josie told him as she took his hand.

kennedy just sighed quietly, "i like it, but it makes me homesick a lot. i miss my dad."

the couple nodded, slightly understanding.

"well, chin up! we're in australia! we can tan and watch racing!" josie said, flashing her friend a smile.

kennedy grinned, watching out the window as they drove.

she missed the excitement a bit, she hadn't been to a race since her and her ex boyfriend broke up and as much as it made her anxious to see him again, she was excited to see the race.

"i forgot how hot it is here." josie complained while lewis laughed, wrapping his arm around her as they all made their way into the hotel.

"once you get out of that outfit, you'll cool down baby." he suggested and kennedy snickered.

"you mean once you get her out of that outfit." she giggled, making josie go red and lewis laugh.

"that too." lewis agreed.

the two women checked into their hotel rooms, which were across the hall from each other.

"okay, i think some of the guys are going down to the beach later if you ladies want to join?" lewis suggested, josie nodding while kennedy shook her head.

"i think i'm going to take a nap, jet lag is hitting me pretty hard right now." she said, trying not to yawn.

josie just gave her a hug, "okay, well, if you change your mind just shoot me a text. we could grab dinner or something later, yeah?"

kennedy just nodded, bidding the pair a good rest of their day before going into the hotel room and collapsing on the bed.

before long she was passed out, dreaming of race cars and coffee.

good afternoon everyone!

welcome to my charles leclerc fic!

i'm almost done writing it but i have to say this was all on my sister! she gave me the idea and we spent hours going over it, making the plot and the characters. so thank you bri! briyomomma

anyways! enjoy!

m