NINE

a few days later, the group was on charles' yacht, drinking and enjoying the sunshine.

kennedy and josie had finally gotten a minute to themselves and were gossiping at the bow of the boat.

"kens, i'm telling you, if you don't do something about the rumors of you and max, when you start dating someone for real it's all going to blow up in your face." josie was advising as the pair drank aperol spritz's.

"i'll put something out on my instagram or something one of these days, but i'm not really worried. i mean, i don't even talk to guys other than these damned drivers." kennedy joked, making josie roll her eyes.

"you should start dating again though kens, it could be good for you." the brunette said.

the american scoffed, "first my dad and now you. god i'm only twenty three, i need to focus on my career."

"okay okay, but just promise me that when the time comes, and you meet someone, that you won't pick your career over them." josie asked the girl and she nodded.

"when the time comes, yes i will pick my partner over work." she promised and the girls locked pinkies, sealing the promise.

the girls gossiped for a bit longer, but kennedy couldn't help but cast glances at the drivers, josie smiling wider every time she saw.

"ladies." lewis said, coming up to the pair.

"hi honey." josie greeted, giving him a quick kiss.

he sat down next to his girlfriend and smiled, "i'm feeling like a dip in the ocean, either of you want to join?"

kennedy shook her head while josie smiled, nodding and setting her half dranken spritz down.

the pair stood up and walked off, heading for the platform they could get into the ocean by.

kennedy watched them with a smile.

sure it would be nice to have that but she just wasn't sure if she was ready.

soon after the couple left, the three other boys came over to talk to kennedy.

"how is my rumored girlfriend doing?" max asked jokingly, making kennedy laugh.

"pretty good." she said before turning to charles, "thank you again for inviting us on here. it's fucking amazing." she said with a breathtaking smile.

charles just stumbled out a "you're welcome", making carlos smack him on the back and roll his eyes.

max and kennedy continued talk, mostly about the belguim grand prix that was happening after the break was done.

"man, you need to talk to her and get over this little crush." carlos whispered to charles.

"i don't have a crush on her!" charles argued back.

carlos rolled his eyes, "you were glaring at max everytime he brought her up not even twenty minutes ago."

charles just frowned.

"so are there any great clubs here leclerc?" kennedy asked, making charles blush.

"oh! um, yeah, i know a couple." he answered and she grinned.

"maybe you could show us them tonight?" she suggested.

carlos and max snickered as the boy agreed immediately.

charles was smiling for the rest of the time on the yacht, so beyond happy he got to go out with his friend and more importantly, his celebrity crush.

soon, lewis and josie returned, and the sun had begun to set.

the group had decided on dinner and set off, kennedy back to her air bnb and everyone else back to charles' apartment.