EIGHT

KENNEDY RHODES SPOTTED AT NICE AIRPORT! IS RHODES GOING TO SEE RUMORED BEAU MAX VERSTAPPEN?

after just being in new york city the day before, seen catching up with friend and socialite kate matthews, the model was photographed walking through the nice airport. it is no secret that some of the formula one drivers are all in monaco, including rumored boyfriend max verstappen.

neither have confirmed the relationship, but neither have denied it either. could things be heating up with the pair?

kennedy grinned as her phone started blowing up, her friend no doubt having seen the article.

she walked out of the airport and saw a beautiful old ferrari convertible. she stared, wide eyed, at the black car and looked to her left to see a man there.

"kennedy rhodes?" he asked and the girl nodded.

he handed her the keys, giving her instructions on how to return the car when she left, but the girl was barely paying attention.

after explaining, the man left her with the car and her bags, which she gently put in the trunk of the car.

"holy shit." she whispered to herself as she got in the drivers seat.

before she could turn on the engine, her phone was ringing.

"hello?" she asked, putting the phone to her ear.

"so when were you going to tell me you were in monaco?" josie asked and kennedy could almost hear the smile.

"technically i'm in france right now." kennedy said, laughing abit.

"so how are you getting here? i can send max or someone?" she asked and the blonde giggled.

"oh just you wait." she teased, josie sighing.

"well, everyones freaking out, charles especially. he just sprinted to his shower after the article came out. lewis and max are excited too." josie told her as she ran her free hand over the leather of the steering wheel.

"and what about my best friend?"

"oh, i'm literally going to kill you for not telling me, but i'm so excited! now hurry up and get here! oh, and charles said you can stay at his place if you hadn't found somewhere to stay yet." josie told her.

kennedy just sighed, fucking leclerc. "no, i booked an air bnb a week ago. but after i get settled there can i come join you guys?"

"of course, i'll send you the address. now get your pretty little butt to monaco!" josie exclaimed, making kennedy laugh.

the girls said bye and the blonde took a deep breath before starting the car, grinned as the engine roared to life.

she tossed her hair up into a ponytail and started driving away, the sun shining brightly on her face.

she had changed her flight from the morning to night as she thought it would be better to just get there in the morning so she could spend the day exploring and not having to worry about her friends wanting to go to the clubs while she was jet lagged.

and of course so she could spend some more time with her dad.

the drive to monaco wasn't as long as she thought it would be and ended up cruising through the streets in no time, taking in the beautiful city.

she found the air bnb with little problems and parked her car, her heart pounding.

the little apartment was beautiful. as she stepped in, she just stared out the massive windows which gave her a beautiful view of the marina and all the yachts there.

she quickly unpacked and took a shower, trying to get the airplane feel off of her before going out to see her friends, making sure to blow dry her hair.

she put on a cute white dress that accentuated her features and did some makeup before grabbing her brown purse and putting some essentials in there.

she also tied a silk scarf on it incase she wanted to put it over her hair while driving.

josie had texted her the address of where everyone was meeting for lunch and the blonde wasted no time, hopping in the beautiful car and speeding off.

of course, however, she was the last one there as all the drivers were speed demons on the road.

this just meant she could make more of an entrance now.

and that is exactly what she did.

the doorman opened the door for her and she walked in, putting her sunglasses away in her purse.

looking up, she saw everyone oogling her car before josie called out, "kenny!"

the blonde smiled at her friend, making her way over to the large table.

"hey guys, long time no see." she said, sliding into the chair between carlos and josie.

josie squealed, giving the girl a bonecrushing hug.

"when did you decide you wanted to join us?" she asked, releasing kennedy as the girl smiled.

"after our phone call, i have seperation anxiety." kennedy joked and everyone smiled.

"well, you missed the fight." carlos said, nodding to charles and max, "they couldn't decide who would sit here so i took it."

kennedy just laughed, making the spainiard grin.

"well thank you for that." she exclaimed, making lewis and josie laugh.

"where did you get that car? it's beautiful." max asked.

she gave a breathtaking grin to him, "my dad. he likes me to show off when i go on vacation."

she looked over at charles who had yet to say a word, but he was already staring at her.

"leclerc." she said and he remained just staring.

everyone around them snickered as kennedy sighed.

"leclerc!"

he snapped out of his thoughts and blushed, "yeah?"

kennedy rolled her eyes, "you are a strange man."

"down bad." carlos mutteered, hiding it not very well with a cough.

charles just smiled at the girl, "sorry, i mean, welcome to my country."

kennedy just tossed him a smile, "i wanted to apologize for how i acted in miami. it was really rude of me."

charles nodded, the same giant grin on his face, "it's okay, i wasn't upset by it."

carloz and lewis rolled their eyes at the man, knowing he was in way too deep with the american.

the luncheon went smoothly, everyone making conversation.

charles couldn't help but glance at kennedy every couple minutes, she was just the most beautiful person he had ever seen.

the way she laughed at max's dumb jokes, or smiled when josie told stories, or even glaring at lewis when he brought up all the article about her; there was just something about the girl that made him want to be with her all the time.

which was a little strange as almost every conversation he has had with her ended badly in some way.

he was determined to change that before the next race.