SIXTEEN

after the call max had given her three days prior about the drivers impromptu visit, josie spent her time disinfecting everything in their apartment and trying to nurse kennedy back to life.

by thursday, when they were going to arrive, kennedy had more life in her but still had a fever.

"have i ever told you how much i love you?" the blonde asked her roommate as she brought in chicken noodle soup.

josie just laughed, "yeah well, you might not love me after i tell you this." she stated, putting the bowl on kennedy's nightstand.

"tell me what?" she asked, her eyes wide.

the brunette sighed, "well, max and charles were concerned about you so now they're in london." she told her, making the girl sigh and fall back into her pillows.

"no." she groaned, josie laughing.

"yes, they landed ten minutes ago." she told the blonde.

kennedy just rolled over, putting her face into a pillow and screaming.

"i know kens, but i told them i wouldn't promise anything, so whatever you want to do is okay." josie said to kennedy.

the american just rolled back over with a panicked expression on her face. "i need to do laundry, and wash my sheets, and shower, and clean the apartment!"

josie just laughed, "hey, i got the laundry done, and the apartment has been cleaned and disinfected. just toss your sheets into the wash and hop in the shower."

"have i told you that you're an angel?" kennedy asked, curling up in her blankets and falling asleep.

josie just laughed at her best friend, shaking her head.

she walked back out as kennedy sighed contently.

the blonde finally decided to get up, her limbs aching with every move.

she headed to her bathroom and turned on the shower, trying not to think so much about her two friends who had just landed in her city.

sure, she was excited to see them, but she had also been avoiding them for the past week and a half.

she still wasn't sure about her feelings for charles, and if they turned out as she only liked him as a friend, then she didn't want to hurt him.

"god i fucked up." she mumbled as she hopped in the hot water.

she took a quick shower, washing her hair since it was so tangled from sleeping all the time.

when she finally got out she sighed, putting on her rode and doing some skincare. she couldn't get her mind off those green eyes that seem to haunt her whenever she thought about those fast cars.

"stupid boys, messing with my head." she muttered, brushing out her wet hair.

she grumbled as she hit a knot in her hair, furiously brushing it out.

"whoa there." she heard a voice say and she turned to see the two drivers standing at her bathroom door, both with amused looks on their faces.

"oh, um, hey!" she greeted them with a smile.

"hi yourself." max said while charles just smiled, leaning against her door frame.

"i would love to chat, but just give me a second to change." she told them, ushering them out of the bathroom.

she headed to her closet and threw on a pair of leggings and a hoodie, pairing them with her favorite slippers.

she then rushed out to her bathroom and put on some mascara and lip gloss.