TWENTY SIX

ONE YEAR LATER...

"josie! stop messing with the veil!" kennedy said, looking over from getting the flower bouquet for her best friend.

josie sighed but brought her hand down. "is it normal to be this nervous?" she asked as she smoothed down her white dress.

the blonde just smiled and handed the bouquet to the now retired model.

"you look beautiful jo, lewis is one lucky man." kennedy told her, making josie tear up a bit.

"i love you kens. none of this would be happening without you." she said, giving the american a hug.

kennedy smiled before picking up the ends of the long veil.

the two, and all the bridesmaids made their way out of the room and headed down the hallway, as it was almost time for the ceremony to start.

"i feel like i'm going to throw up." josie muttered, making kennedy and the bridesmaids laugh.

"you'll be okay josephine. take a deep breath." her father said, walking up to all the women.

josie did so and smiled, "thanks dad."

kennedy smiled as the doors opened, the first of the six bridesmaids leading the way.

when it was finally her turn, she smiled and walked down the aisle to see the man she considered her brother standing there, giving her a wide smile.

she looked to the left of him and saw her boyfriend giving her the biggest smile he could muster, making her wink at him.

finally, josie walked down the aisle.

kennedy looked over at lewis to see him tearing up, which made her smile.

she turned back to see josie smiling brightly at the mercedes driver, her eyes only to him.

the ceremony commenced as josie got to the alter and kennedy just watched her two best friends seal their lives together.

the new couple walked down the aisle first, the bridesmaids and grooms men following behind.

"hey mon cherie." charles whispered as him and kennedy walked down the aisle next to each other.

"mon amour." she whispered back, giving him a smile.

"can i just say you look beautiful today?" charles asked and kennedy giggled.

"shut up leclerc." she joked and the man shook his head with a smile plastered on his face.

the man smiled at his girlfriend. even after a year, and many times of staring at her, she was even more beautiful than when they had met.

everyone soon made their way to the reception where music was flowing all night, toasts were called every hour, and drinks were consumed by the minute.

kennedy was having fun, alternating between dancing with josie and charles to drinking and socializing.

before long, the clock hit two a.m. and the party died down, leaving charles to practically carry the blonde back to her apartment she had in london.

"kenny, love, we're home." charles said as he placed her on their bed.

"baby!" kennedy giggled, half asleep.

charles just chuckled at the woman he loved.

"can i have a bath?" she asked quietly and he smiled at her.

"of course mon cherie, just hang out here and don't fall asleep on me." he said and she smiled at him before pulling him down for a kiss.

"je'taime mon amour." she whispered and he smiled.

"i love you too my love." he chuckled before giving her one last kiss and heading to the bathroom to run her bath.

after a few minutes, he walked back out to see the blonde in a robe, her hair up in a claw clip.

"okay my love, bath is ready. i'm going to go get your water bottle and some gatorade." he told her and she smiled at him.

"what would i do without you charles?" she said and gave him on last kiss before heading to the bathroom.

charles did just as he said, but also looked in the silverware drawer to see the little velvet box he had hid there a week ago.

is this the right time? he thought, picking it up to put in his pocket.

now or never.

he made his way back to the bathroom where kennedy was laying in the tub, handing her the gatorade and water.

he sat there and just watched her, a smile on his lips.

"what is it?" kennedy laughed as she noticed his stare.

charles shook his head, "nothing, love."

kennedy drank her gatorade and water, occasionally glancing at her boyfriend.

as she got out and back into her robe, charles led her back to their bed room, helping her into some pajamas.

"kennedy," charles said as they sat down, his hand fiddling in his pocket, "you know i love you right?"

kennedy giggled nervously, "if this is the time to break up with me, you picked the wrong moment." she said and his smile faltered, making the girls eyes go wide.

"you aren't breaking up with me right?" she asked, her eyes starting to water.

charles shook his head, "no no, kens i have a question."

the blonde looked at him with wide eyes.

"so if you aren't breaking up with me, that must mean-" kennedy trailed off as charles brought the box out of his pocket.

"kennedy elizabeth rhodes, will you marry me?" the driver asked, opening the box to show a beautiful ring.

the blonde reared up, a massive smile spread across her face.

"is that even a question? yes!" she cheered, making charles laugh and pull her into a kiss.

he slid the ring on her finger after they broke apart and kennedy looked at it in awe.

"this is beautiful charles, holy shit." she whispered, admiring it.

the driver just smiled and shook his head. "so remember at abu dhabi when i was talking to your dad?" he asked and kennedy looked back on the random moment.

"um, yeah, that's random. why?" she retorted, making the driver smile.

"i told him i wanted to date you, asked for his permission, and he said if i ever wanted to marry you, i had his blessing." he told the girl who smiled. "and i knew i wanted to marry you at that moment, because i wouldn't be only marrying you but your family. and i love your dad, and josie, and of course lewis. but above all, i love you. you're more perfect than anything i could have ever imagined or dreamed of, and not just when you're dressed up but when you wake up and when you go to sleep. i love every part of you and i will forever."

by the end of his speech, kennedy was in tears, hugging her now fiancé.

the two fell asleep, talking about the prospect of their wedding, kennedy happier than she could have ever imagined.

THE END

hey briyomomma hope you enjoyed this! tell me what to write next!

i'm so excited to see you in a couple days and can't wait to use up all the new stuff you get!

i love you bridge!

m