THREE

the practices and the qualifying went alright for lewis, landing p5 for the race.

kennedy was still upset about the ferrari driver spilling his coffee on her for the next couple days.

she did, however, become good friends with max.

josie was having a good weekend, besides having to hear kennedy complain about charles the whole time.

"i hope he loses." kennedy stated as everyone took their starting positions on sunday.

josie just laughed, "kenny honey, he has pole position, so unless he fucks up big time, he's probably not going to lose."

the two were in the mercedes garage, as they had been all weekend.

josie loved it but kennedy was not having fun as she had to avoid her ex boyfriend and his girlfriend all weekend, which george was perfectly okay with as he wasn't too keen on seeing the american anyways.

soon enough, the cars were off, making josie and kennedy stop their conversation to watch.

kennedy didn't know a lot about formula one, despite having dated george russell. she just liked to watch the cars go fast, and she loved the sound of their engines.

after an hour, and watching her new friend's engine catch on fire, the blonde decided she needed a coffee, asking her best friend if she wanted one too.

"kennedy rhodes?" she heard as she waited for a coffee.

she turned to see one of her old friends, carmen mundt, standing a couple feet behind her.

"oh, um, hey carmen." the american said, looking in shock at the woman.

the two hugged, carmen all smiles while kennedy was more neutral faced.

"i can't believe you're here! i didn't think you would be at the track again." carmen said and kennedy just nodded.

"well, surprise." she said dryly, a humorless smile on her face.

"i think last time we saw each other-" carmen said, starting to reminisce before kennedy held her hand up.

"please don't. the last time i saw you, you had just started dating george, who we had just broken up the week before. so, even though i am over it and support you both, i do not want to be reliving that." kennedy explained, watching as carmen swallowed.

she slowly nodded, not wanting to test the gossip of the american womans wild temper.

"i understand, it's just nice to see you again." carmen said, a small smile on her face.

kennedy just nodded, "it's good to see you too, george looks like he's doing well. give him my congratulations when you see him."

both women knew that wouldn't happen.

"of course, it was nice talking to you again." carmen said, giving the blonde one last hug before walking away.

kennedy watched the brunette walk away, then grabbed her coffee, heading back to her best friend.

the last couple laps started and kennedy groaned as charles had kept his pole position, even more upset as her ex passed lewis and got into third.

"god damn it." kennedy sighed, watching as charles won the race.

the duo waited for the mercedes driver in the garage, josie feeling upset for her boyfriend.

lewis was upset, understandably, and josie comforted him, leaving kennedy to look around awkwardly.