TWO

kennedy woke up the next morning, the morning of the first free practice, with a pounding headache.

sighing, she fished through one of her bags she had yet to unpack and grabbed her glasses, hoping that would help.

the blonde woman had a morning ritual that she stuck with religiously.

starting off, she never looked at her phone as soon as she woke up. she knew it would give her some major anxiety all morning.

so thats what she did. ignoring her phone, she started to unpack, grabbing her shower essentials and laying out the clothes she would wear for the day. it wasn't a hard decision since it was so hot in australia.

she decided on a white tank top with black jeans. she would pair it with her mercedes hat.

after she picked those out, she headed to the shower, not bothering to wash her hair as it was going into a hat today.

after her shower, she did the necessary skin care, making sure to add a good layer of spf on top of everything. she wanted to tan, not to burn.

before she could start her makeup, she heard a knock on the door.

not sure if she should answer it as she was still in her robe, she looked through the peep hole to see her best friend.

"good morning sunshine!" josie smiled, walking into her friends room.

"morning." kennedy mumbled, rubbing her temples.

josie noticed this and frowned, "headache again?" she asked and kennedy nodded.

"it's killing me actually." the blonde said with a small smile.

josie frowned even more, "are you okay to go to free practice today then? i don't want you to be in anymore pain then you already are."

kennedy nodded, walking to her bag and pulling out her migraine medicine and taking two of the pills, dry swallowing it.

"now i need some food before this kicks in." kennedy joked, knowing that the medicine would make her light headed and nauseous if she didn't have anything in her stomach.

"okay, i'll order some room service breakfast." josie nodded and walked to the hotel phone, ringing for some food.

kennedy smiled at her friend before going back to the bathroom and starting her makeup.

she kept it light, not that she needed any makeup, but she also didn't want to sweat off anything.

after a couple of minutes, there was a knock at the door and josie answered, thanking the hotel employee as they dropped off the breakfast food.

"breakfast kens!" she called and a second later, kennedy popped out of the bathroom at the mention of food.

the two women sat and ate, filling up on eggs and bacon.

"okay, i'm going to finish getting ready and we can leave in like twenty?" josie asked, putting her empty plate back on the tray.

kennedy nodded, finishing her last piece of bacon and repeating her actions.

josie sent the girl one last smile before leaving, taking the tray with her.

the blonde went back to the bathroom to brush her teeth again, then finishing up her makeup and changing into her outfit.

her long, honey blonde hair stuck out beautifully from the mercedes cap as she finally decided to check her phone.

there were a few emails from brands asking her to model some products, which she replied to, directing them to her manager.