Stalking pt2 - Percy Jackson

*part 2 woooo sorry for the slow updates, requests coming soon* 

The day had finally come for the camp's annual capture the flag game. Percy and Y/N had become closer in the short amount of time. The night prior she had spent at least 2 hours sitting on his bed explaining the game and other camp things. Luke had already told Percy most of the information, but he didn't care. He would do anything to hear her speak, especially when it was to him. 

Y/n wasn't into a lot of the more aggressive aspects of the game, so she chose to follow Annabeth who was assigning a job to Percy. 

The blond boy walked behind the girls, tripping over a branch and collapsing on the floor. 

Y/N, who had been on the lookout for other players didn't notice, Annabeth stared at Percy but didn't move to help him. 

"I'm fine thanks", Percy finally said, "But I appreciate you standing there silently". 

They continued their walk in mostly silence, Percy standing next to Y/n, occasionally lowering his eyes to look at her pretty face. 

Percy talked about how he needed the game to go well and Annabeth finally came to a halt, an unimpressed look on her face while she watched Percy. Y/N on the other hand was trying to keep a smile off her face, Percy was so utterly confused it was adorable. 

She lifted her hand to his armor, attempting to tighten one of the straps. When she was done she gave him a smile which he returned nervously. 

Just then a conch shell horn blew and Annabeth pulled out her invisibility cap.   

"Don't worry", she told Percy, "You'll do great". 

"Do great do what great?", he asked. 

Annabeth shot a look to Y/N, stay with him, and disappeared. She hadn't let Y/N in on all of her plan, but somehow Percy staying here was essential to their win. So Y/N sat down on the rock and watched Percy, who was standing near her looking bewildered. 

"Sit", Y/n urged. Without hesitation he sat down beside her, dangling his legs over the side of the rock. 

"So.. what exactly is Annabeth leaving us here for?", he asked. 

Y/N lied down and stared up at the sky, "Not a clue. Where are you from?". 

"Um New York City. You?".

"San Diego". 

Percy debated lying down next to her, but instead opted for facing himself towards her, "You're far from home". 

"Tell me about it", she chuckled, "That's why I stay here year round, too expensive to get back". 

They sat in silence for a couple more minutes, Percy got tired of sitting and stood up, doing the floss on the rock. 

"What are you doing?", Y/N giggled. 

He stopped and looked at her with a blush, "I'm bored". 

She groaned, "Me too! Ooh, let's play 2 truths and a lie". 

Y/N learned that Percy had been kicked out of over 6 schools, loved blue food, and had an very annoying step-dad. Percy learned that Y/n had two mortal siblings, couldn't swim and nearly died in a game of capture the flag 3 years prior. 

The last fact made Percy less confident in the game. 

He had scooted closer to her over the half hour that they had been talking, even being brave enough to touch her shoulder to his. She smiled at him brightly when he pressed their arms against each other, before continuing to look forward.