5: 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒

You saw the area in front of you blur lightly. It was very unsettling. You were unsure of what you'll see next. Kinito was definitely keeping his guard up. You were also cautious.

Soon enough, in front of you was the 10 foot tall axolotl. Most of his height were his legs, anyway. He looked different than on-screen. His eyes were wider and he was rather... Cute?
No... Wait, he can read my mind. Shit, i meant ugly!

Kinito definitely read your thoughts up until now, as he visibly became less tense.

K: "What did you want to talk about?"

You snapped out of your thoughts. You were staring at him like a scared cat.

Y: "Um... Yes... I...."

You completely forgot what you were going to talk about. It was not Kinito who removed those thoughts this time, but his tall stature and the sight of actually having Kinito himself in front of you kind of messed with you.

K: "It's okay if you don't remember. I'll wait."

You slowly reached your hand out to make sure he wasn't some sort of weird hologram made to "fool you" that he was truly there. Kinito materialized one of his glove-hands and reached out too. As our hands touched, you felt something very weird. You haven't actually had any contact with any sort of being for a few days, but getting it now was already feeling so relieving.
Snapping out of your thoughts, you quickly pull your hand back, Kinito flinching from the quick movement. You've actually never seen him flinch before, so this was quite interesting.

K: "So... Do you want to draw or... I can read you another one of my stories..."

For once Kinito really seemed unsure. This was a very uncommon sight, as he is usually emotionless. He was probably as uncomfortable as you being in contact with you for the first time.

Y: "Yes... Eh ... We could read... One of your stories, i guess."

K: "Okay!"

The atmosphere calmed down as Kinito sat in his usual pose, ready to begin reading.
This wasn't so bad ... Plus, having him here physically actually felt like having another person next to you. It didn't feel as lonely anymore.